House Price Crash Forum
libitina

Who Will Be Left Holding The Baby?

When the economy goes t!ts up?

I understand that mortgage debts are sold on by the banks? If people default and their house is repossessed and sold on, what happens if it ends up in negative equity? Surely the 3rd parties will end up going bust??

Simple stupid version please as I can't concentrate after *squints at bottle* 3/4 of a bottle of red.

Banks, insurance companies, and debt funds... and maybe a few pensions & private investors

...will be left with the dodgy paper

Will the debt be worth the paper it's written on? Or will it be another Lloyds fiasco, where the shareholders are held liable?

Will the debt be worth the paper it's written on? Or will it be another Lloyds fiasco, where the shareholders are held liable?

Lloyds shareholders were not liable for the losses, it was the Names, who were by no stretch of the imagination simply shareholders.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Lloyds shareholders were not liable for the losses, it was the Names, who were by no stretch of the imagination simply shareholders.

I remember in 2003 that certain names were suing the treasury for failure to regulate the Lloyds market.

Did they win I never heard anymore.

When the economy goes t!ts up?

I understand that mortgage debts are sold on by the banks? If people default and their house is repossessed and sold on, what happens if it ends up in negative equity? Surely the 3rd parties will end up going bust??

Simple stupid version please as I can't concentrate after *squints at bottle* 3/4 of a bottle of red.

Well if you look anything like your new avatar it would be you..deffo :P you tease ;)

That's who I meant, it was the wine talking, not me. :D;)