House Price Crash Forum
simon99

Help To Buy/mortgage Guarantee - Complaints

Has anyone else been complaining about these schemes to their MP/Treasury etc. I have and they dont seem interested in any objections to it. The only hope is there is more high profile opposition.

This is the last straw for me, the same people who were talking the last bubble up are at it again, the average people in the street have forgotton what caused the financial crisis, and now the government are behind the latest house price boost with Funding for Lending, Help to Buy, and interest rates will be kept low whatever happens. It'll be more aggressive QE and negative interest rates next.

Edited by simon99

I shall be registering my complaint at the next General Election.

The only effective way to vote is with your feet.

Stop supporting this madness by moving to a country where your tax money is used more fairly.

Has anyone else been complaining about these schemes to their MP/Treasury etc. I have and they dont seem interested in any objections to it. The only hope is there is more high profile opposition.

This is the last straw for me, the same people who were talking the last bubble up are at it again, the average people in the street have forgotton what caused the financial crisis, and now the government are behind the latest house price boost with Funding for Lending, Help to Buy, and interest rates will be kept low whatever happens. It'll be more aggressive QE and negative interest rates next.

You are quite right! The govt does not care about anything but election of a tory govt in 2015. There will be no majority for anyone the way things look. You can therefore stick yout fingers up and vote UKIP :D

You are quite right! The govt does not care about anything but election of a tory govt in 2015. There will be no majority for anyone the way things look. You can therefore stick yout fingers up and vote UKIP :D

I guess I was hoping they would have had a lot of complaints so they get an idea of the opposition. SIPPs which if anything was as bad was scrapped under New Labour after much complaint.

All the time. My MP, the Treasury, Grant Shapps when he was Housing Minister, even Osborne.

I get this shi t back, and my reply is below that. Don't get any answers from then on. Also asked for my donation back, but it just goes quiet.

I am writing on behalf of the Party Chairman, The Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP, who has asked me to thank you for your recent email.

It is good of you to get in touch and make us aware of your thoughts regarding interest rates and house prices. Your feedback is appreciated and I will be sure to pass your comments on to the research department.

I would like to take this opportunity to list some Conservative achievements since we came to office:

We fundamentally reformed welfare so that, starting this April, the Universal Credit will mean that for the first time in this country, work will always pay!

We've cut net immigration by one third.

We've cut the deficit by a third.

We've reformed education by returning rigour and standards to the classroom.

David Cameron has become the first ever Prime Minister to not only cut an EU budget but also veto a European treaty.

We’ve committed to an in/out referendum on Europe.

We have helped to create 1.25 million new jobs in the private sector.

Employment is at a record high in this country (29.7m people in work) including more women in work than ever before

We’ve introduced new laws to place householders on the lowest energy tariff; creating a single tier pension.

We’ve created a single tier pension.

We’ve introduced a £75,000 cap on the cost of long term care

And we’re standing up for hard working people by cutting an average of £600 in tax bills for 24 million people and 2.2 million people take out of tax altogether.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time and trouble to get in touch.

Yours sincerely,

Andrew

I sent this back

You must think we are stupid.

We fundamentally reformed welfare so that, starting this April, the Universal Credit will mean that for the first time in this country, work will always pay!

I don't know the details, so hard to comment. Before Brown was allowed to wreck everything, I just had my tax code changed.

We've cut net immigration by one third.

NOT FROM THE EU where most are coming from. This is a misleading statement.

We've cut the deficit by a third.

You need to cut it to zero, say in less than a year. Meanwhile the debt still ramps up.

We've reformed education by returning rigour and standards to the classroom.

Can't comment. No knowledge on this.

David Cameron has become the first ever Prime Minister to not only cut an EU budget but also veto a European treaty.

Apparently the veto had no affect. The EU budget went up?

We’ve committed to an in/out referendum on Europe.

Oh really? Only since UKIP are taking over. You had no plans at all before UKIP came to the fore. It's stupid statements like this that has killed your integrity.

We have helped to create 1.25 million new jobs in the private sector.

Unemployment still remains at 7.9% and increased last month

Employment is at a record high in this country (29.7m people in work) including more women in work than ever before

See above comment. Most of this stuff is part time work, or the rediculaous minimum wage where the tax payer pays part of the wage.

We’ve introduced new laws to place householders on the lowest energy tariff; creating a single tier pension.

I know the energy company has a lower tariff. British Gas. Can't be bothered yet again to get involved. Saves only 5 pound a year anyway.

We’ve created a single tier pension.

Whatever that means. I paid PAYE for FORTY YEARS, and will get the same as someone who has been a welfares scrounger all their lives.

We’ve introduced a £75,000 cap on the cost of long term care

So?

And we’re standing up for hard working people by cutting an average of £600 in tax bills for 24 million people and 2.2 million people take out of tax altogether.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time and trouble to get in touch.

I've lost far more than that on the value of my life savings. Thanks to QE, FLS and inflation. Oh, I can't afford a house because you are keeping them at record bubble prices. Still, if prices dropped in half as they should, the banks would go bust, well RBS, and we can't have that can we.

YOU ARE NOT CONSERVATIVES AND I AM VOTING UKIP IN FUTURE. You stopped being Tories when you booted out you own PM, being Thatcher.

You'd best shut-up about the referendum. Just makes you look stupid.

And I emailed this to my MP tonight.

I see interest rates are kept at savings robbery levels, and keeping houses at unaffordable levels.

Have you thought of resigning and having a GE. We could do with UKIP in power.

A Step closer to Feudal Britain

BBC News: Buy to let mortgage lending hits record share

Don't you get embarrassed of the crap job you are doing??????????????

Still, what do you care. Massive salary and even bigger expenses.

Thought you might enjoy a video of your political mates the honourable members, relative to the news of paying back expenses on profits made on selling publicly funded property.

Honourable member? WHAT HONOUR?

I think we have the most disgusting bunch now in Westminster in the history of British politics. Greedy and unrepresentative.

VOTE UKIP.

There you go, that's it.

Yep, I've been having a running "debate" with my local coalition MP since the day Help to Buy was announced. Made it very clear to him that this was madness and will completely trash our economy. To be fair to him he always replies but is of course defensive of the coalition. His main defence is that banks have an obligation to lend sensibly so damage won't be done. He even said London is in a housing bubble but those in negative equity must be protected! He does not however think the policy will lead to another bubble.

Anyway, I've made my point several times and very clearly to him. Hopefully this sort of thing, if done by lots of people, seeps into their psyche and they evenetually see sense - hopefully!

Also.

Perhaps we could get a standard letter of disapproval formulated, and encourage every member of this forum to send a copy to their MP and a selected list of politicians (email addresses supplied to simplify the procedure)?

All the time on Twitter, even the journos & self-anointed property experts get how destructive the policy is/

For the first time in my life I actually went and signed up to Political gathering (UKIP) because of these housing policies>

Disclaimer

I don't believe UKIP as the answers, but for me the its my 'none of the above' option

All the time on Twitter, even the journos & self-anointed property experts get how destructive the policy is/

For the first time in my life I actually went and signed up to Political gathering (UKIP) because of these housing policies>

Disclaimer

I don't believe UKIP as the answers, but for me the its my 'none of the above' option

I thought UKIP supported stricter planning regulations and rampant NIMBYism?

Well Im glad Im not the only one. I've been sent a couple of nonsense replies which defend the scheme and just ignore any opposition. Even tried ringing to no avail, I get the impression they do everything they can to make you give up.

Dear oh dear, people still seem to labour under the impression that we live in an actual democracy, that you have a political class that actually wishes to listen to your views and have the integrity to take action, on your behalf, to improve the way the country and it's economies are run.? Do you think they actually READ your letters and emails? :lol:

You should know that politicians are simply people who would be terrible at any other career outside of Westminster, they really are the most vile lying,social parasites, it is no surprise that politicians,property spivs and bankers etc are generally in bed with each other like slugs eating each others slime, like seeks like. The only real change will come from a roots up socio-political revolution in the UK, any other course of "action" available to the electorate is an illusion. :rolleyes:

Edited by JustAnotherProle

You're not going to get a sensible reply from career politicians who have never had a proper job... womb, school, uni, the greasy pole :rolleyes:.

...they are not all like that, but I went to see one once and they had a red face looked like they had been on the whisky....made a great impression...not. ;)

Dear oh dear, people still seem to labour under the impression that we live in an actual democracy, that you have a political class that actually wishes to listen to your views and have the integrity to take action, on your behalf, to improve the way the country and it's economies are run.? Do you think they actually READ your letters and emails? :lol:

You should know that politicians are simply people who would be terrible at any other career outside of Westminster, they really are the most vile lying,social parasites, it is no surprise that politicians,property spivs and bankers etc are generally in bed with each other like slugs eating each others slime, like seeks like. The only real change will come from a roots up socio-political revolution in the UK, any other course of "action" available to the electorate is an illusion. :rolleyes:

Fully aware that it's a waste of time, but at least I've made an effort.

Perhaps we could get a standard letter of disapproval formulated, and encourage every member of this forum to send a copy to their MP and a selected list of politicians (email addresses supplied to simplify the procedure)?

Seconded. I'd been thinking of emailing my MP with my own 'thoughts' on this nonsense, but I rather think the rantings of an individual would at best just get a standard auto-reply - which probably wouldn't address any of the issues raised anyway - and at worst I wouldn't put it past them to print it out just so they can bin it with a wry smile.

I simply cannot stand what is being done to the housing market to prop up prices and screw people into unnecessary debt, so if all members and guests were to take part and send a couple of emails, you never know - the more noise the better. Perhaps if every email cc'd in part of the media it might get some column inches.

Which brings me to a point... where is the action? Is there just an acceptance now that TPTB are going to get away with it again?

This site has a following yes, but it will forever be plagued by the negativity of the 'crash' suffix. We have Priced-Out, but do they do anything any more? (that's not meant to sound like a dig, just an enquiry). Surely there's someone that can step up and make that noise - maybe create an offshoot of this site that is ALL about and specifically for first-time buyers. Regularly adding news and encouraging discussion on just how they are being royally screwed at every turn. Get that some coverage in the media instead of just the odd dig at HPC. Just look at how easy it was to rally (quite a lot of ) people against Simon Cowell and prevent him from getting his puppets to number 1. Imagine if all current and future first-time buyers were to be part of 'something' to get the governments attention. Get the students involved, get the concerned home-owning parents involved, get those in the media who have shown some sympathy involved. Why couldn't it work?

Finally, is there no legality issues with these schemes? Surely there are free-market laws that government interference conflict with?

Which brings me to a point... where is the action? Is there just an acceptance now that TPTB are going to get away with it again?

Why couldn't it work?

I think the reason that it couldn't work is because of the visceral brain-washing of the vast majority of the population over the last 30 years. They genuinely believe at a fundamental level that high house prices are a good thing, that "over the long term prices always go up so you can't go wrong with bricks and mortar", etc. You'd have to spend years teaching people the truth, before there are enough people for a campaign like the Simon Cowell stuff.

I think most people think rising prices are how they too will get rich, since it's become apparent a career won't do it, x factor auditions are tough to get in to and they don't know anyone rich they can marry. If they don't believe in that what else is there?