House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

It Is A Bit Cold, Wet And Very Windy Today

Summer has gone it seems. It is ruddy cold here in West Wales and the wind is blowing like a January storm.

Methinks buying a house in the UK might be a bad move since the weather has gone to pot.

Have had to put on two fleeces.

Yeah, miserable here in Cardiff, very wet and galey. All those blossoms that came out last weekend will have been well and truly battered. I'm sure I remember that happening last year too, maybe that's another reason the poor bees seem to be having such a hard time of it recently... :(

I'm in the little "nook" on the satellite picture where there isn't any rain (Birmingham). Just very blustery here today with the occasional sprinkle of water. Been out in it this morning and not too bad, considering the apocalyptic weather forecast.

Guest eight

It's interesting. I was led to believe that global warming was causing fluctuations in the jetstream that would cause "blocking" weather patterns leaving us with the same weather for months at a time.

Clearly it only works for bad weather.

It's interesting. I was led to believe that global warming was causing fluctuations in the jetstream that would cause "blocking" weather patterns leaving us with the same weather for months at a time.

My concern is that this blocking is going to carry on for decades. For the last few years even when England has been having sunshine Wales has been enveloped in a constant grey mist/drizzle.

It makes more sense for the UK weather to be like that though - warm moist air rises as it approaches the hills of Wales resulting in rain and fog/mist whilst England is then in the rain shadow.

England had a few days last week of sunshine whilst it was ruddy grey and miserable in Wales.

Maybe the weather we had for the last 100 or so years was the 'wrong' weather - perhaps we have just reverted to the mean.

Guest eight

My concern is that this blocking is going to carry on for decades. For the last few years even when England has been having sunshine Wales has been enveloped in a constant grey mist/drizzle.

Been like that here in the NE for about five years now. Days usually start out bright, go cloudy through the middle part then clear up at around 5/6pm. The cloud is very low and seems to form spontaneously rather than blow in from elsewhere. It's almost as if the good weather causes the bad....

Maybe the weather we had for the last 100 or so years was the 'wrong' weather - perhaps we have just reverted to the mean.

It's not just mean, it's bloody nasty.

Summer has gone it seems. It is ruddy cold here in West Wales and the wind is blowing like a January storm.

Methinks buying a house in the UK might be a bad move since the weather has gone to pot.

Have had to put on two fleeces.

Is that a Welsh euphemism?

You'll be looking forward to all those extra dividends from your wind farm shares though?

Guest eight

You'll be looking forward to all those extra dividends from your wind farm shares though?

After the previous thread, I'm beginning to think it's the wind farms causing the cloud!

After the previous thread, I'm beginning to think it's the wind farms causing the cloud!

That sounds like the basis for a Christopher Booker article in the Torygraph

Yeah, miserable here in Cardiff, very wet and galey. All those blossoms that came out last weekend will have been well and truly battered. I'm sure I remember that happening last year too, maybe that's another reason the poor bees seem to be having such a hard time of it recently... :(

We have a flowering cherry in the front garden (not that we planted it, I'd prefer something with blossom and fruit.) But every single year without fail, just after the blossom's at its peak, we get wind and rain and mounds of pink snow to sweep up.

Guest eight

That sounds like the basis for a Christopher Booker article in the Torygraph

I was joking!

(Unless you think there's any research funding in it....?)