House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EmmaRoid

Waterless Cookware?

I'm on a cooking roll today. I have received some cooking pots branded "Blumanthal Bavaria". Reportedly very expensive, they're German don't you know but nothing on the internet, no doubt they're some scam or other. However from the little info a google gleans and what I see of them, thermometer in the lid handle, multi-fit steamer and a box diagram with stacked pots in use, they might be waterless type cookware - which means nothing to me.

Looking at the astronomical price of this waterless snake-oil stuff, it does sort of fit that this supposedly german stuff is similar.

Anyone used this type of thing as intended?

I'm on a cooking roll today. I have received some cooking pots branded "Blumanthal Bavaria". Reportedly very expensive, they're German don't you know but nothing on the internet, no doubt they're some scam or other. However from the little info a google gleans and what I see of them, thermometer in the lid handle, multi-fit steamer and a box diagram with stacked pots in use, they might be waterless type cookware - which means nothing to me.

Looking at the astronomical price of this waterless snake-oil stuff, it does sort of fit that this supposedly german stuff is similar.

I don't have a clue what you're on about.

Ahh yes, normally retails for 1200 USD, but reduced to 250

Looks like an ordinary set of saucepans to me

Me too. But the box was in German and now i Don't have the box.

Sounds like a rebranding exercise designed to induce people to pay way over the odds for a set of saucepans. If they seem well made then crack on, but I'd recommend ignoring all the waterless cooking bullsh!t information and see them for what they are: things to heat your beans up in.

Sounds like a rebranding exercise designed to induce people to pay way over the odds for a set of saucepans. If they seem well made then crack on, but I'd recommend ignoring all the waterless cooking bullsh!t information and see them for what they are: things to heat your beans up in.

they were a gift so no need to swallow the ********.

May try some stuff with them

This one?

http://cornwall.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-home-appliances-other-12-piece-cookware-set-Blumenthal-Bavaria-collection-W0QQAdIdZ475402729

I very much doubt they are from Germany, more likely made in China and using a fantasy German name to appear high quality.

The best genuinely German stainless steel cookware brand is WMF.

http://www.wmf.com/

Definitely fake, i.e. not German, there are several typos in the German text, it almost looks like the German text has been scanned and OCRed from somewhere and those errors were caused by the OCR software.

Also, if it was German why does it say "acciaio inox" in the logo (which is Italian for "stainless steel")?

I'd bet 50 quid it's made in China.

Industrial Lasers! ;)

Isn't a set of saucepans about 20 to 30 quid?