House Price Crash Forum

There Is Life After Hamish.

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest TheBlueCat

This seems to be a little too obscure for anyone to make a comment on.

WTF is this thread about?

Brendan Gleeson was in Braveheart playing Hamish. He recently (couple of years back) had the lead in the The Guard (very good, definite worth seeing). He's done loads of other stuff though, so I'm not sure about the 'life after' point.

HOLA444

Ok I'll bite.

I think you came quite late to the game Bruce compared to many HPC'ers like myself who fought long and hard and held off buying and rented for years and years. Most started to look at the situation logically and thought that there's no way the prices can be sustained let alone increase further. Many giving up long before myself realised that looking logically was the problem. There is no logic here. Governments and banks have and will prop up the market whatever the cost and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it. There is a limit to how long people can and will wait if they want a house.

Anyway, your comment (or quote) about EA's suggesting people join the forum or forums and post that buying a home makes sense because interest rates are so low is nuts if you ask me. Forums are still nothing in the scheme of things when it comes to the housing market. This forum is a bit of fun for most.

BTW I think its a case of people judging for themselves where they think interest rates are going and at the moment they look to be going down rather than up. Since buying I've saved a fortune in rent BTW and the bank interest I would have got has just fallen further while the rent has been rising. Mind you, that is London so I fully understand that it's probably not the case elsewhere. Elsewhere in the country prices are much lower so I'd probably still have bought on the basis that my mortgage would be almost non existant and I'd be effectively making a saving of my rent minus the very small interest rate.

I think that the bottom line is that people will rent for a while but in these low interest rate times will always try to buy once it all finally sinks in. Unless you've got a council house renting is not really a long term option. I dread to think how much I must have paid in rent.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Ok I'll bite.

I think you came quite late to the game Bruce compared to many HPC'ers like myself who fought long and hard and held off buying and rented for years and years. Most started to look at the situation logically and thought that there's no way the prices can be sustained let alone increase further. Many giving up long before myself realised that looking logically was the problem. There is no logic here. Governments and banks have and will prop up the market whatever the cost and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it. There is a limit to how long people can and will wait if they want a house.

Anyway, your comment (or quote) about EA's suggesting people join the forum or forums and post that buying a home makes sense because interest rates are so low is nuts if you ask me. Forums are still nothing in the scheme of things when it comes to the housing market. This forum is a bit of fun for most.

BTW I think its a case of people judging for themselves where they think interest rates are going and at the moment they look to be going down rather than up. Since buying I've saved a fortune in rent BTW and the bank interest I would have got has just fallen further while the rent has been rising. Mind you, that is London so I fully understand that it's probably not the case elsewhere. Elsewhere in the country prices are much lower so I'd probably still have bought on the basis that my mortgage would be almost non existant and I'd be effectively making a saving of my rent minus the very small interest rate.

I think that the bottom line is that people will rent for a while but in these low interest rate times will always try to buy once it all finally sinks in. Unless you've got a council house renting is not really a long term option. I dread to think how much I must have paid in rent.

The other option is emigration

HOLA449

Brendan Gleeson was in Braveheart playing Hamish. He recently (couple of years back) had the lead in the The Guard (very good, definite worth seeing). He's done loads of other stuff though, so I'm not sure about the 'life after' point.

Yes, he has been in many films, but Braveheart was when he first came to my attention and The Guard was, to me, the best role he's ever played...... great film, had me in stitches. In Bruges was good but the dwarf stole the show.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Yes, he has been in many films, but Braveheart was when he first came to my attention and The Guard was, to me, the best role he's ever played...... great film, had me in stitches. In Bruges was good but the dwarf stole the show.

Do you know, I have never recognised him in Braveheart!

You forgot his lead role in The General. A very good movie, better than In Bruges in my humble opinion....

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I thought the guard was the best movie I watched all last year .....Brendan stole the movie

Yes, awesome movie. And very true to some Gardai I have known....

HOLA4417

Whatever happened to Hamish McTavish from Aberdeen? I know he posts over at the MSE forum but not seen him here for years...

I think he was caught out using simultaneous multiple sock-puppets and gave an answer from one which was meant to come from another. Silly ****.

HOLA4418

I think he was caught out using simultaneous multiple sock-puppets and gave an answer from one which was meant to come from another. Silly ****.

Interesting. I wonder if he's doing the same at MSE? Everytime someone has a question about selling (or similar) he's nearly always the first with an answer.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Archived