House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Even The Queen Is At It Now!

OK, she only says what she is told to say... but in the Queen's speech today the Queen says that her government will keep IRs low for home owners.

Thought it was worth mentioning.

OK, she only says what she is told to say... but in the Queen's speech today the Queen says that her government will keep IRs low for home owners.

I thought the interest rate setting mechanism (the BoE) was independent from the Government? ;)

I thought the interest rate setting mechanism (the BoE) was independent from the Government? ;)

Edit:

I had nothing to say but just decided to hit reply anyhow :)

Edited by The Masked Tulip

Well, in my case, the Bank of Scotland is not passing the low IRs onto me.

Please remember: If they go down, it's HM Govt to thank. If they go up, it's the independent BoE to blame.

Is that clear now? ;)

How on earth are the government going to do this, the BOE base rate has feck all to do with mortgage rates. Even those on trackers aren't safe with extraordinary contract clauses being used.

Maybe her boomer kids have made her MEW Buck House.

Rather ironic considering one of her biggest memes' is 'God save the Queen'.

Yet savers have been betrayed and destroyed via low interest rates.

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

I did shout some blue language when she said that. I should not be government policy to do so.

I didn't see it, but this kind of blatant admission of (and justification for) govt manipulation makes me incandescent with rage. Why are 'home owners' singled out for special treatment? What about the wider economy? Everyone else should have loaded up with debt and got on board when they had the chance I suppose?! Sickening.

Surely home owners would prefer higher interest rates so they get a decent return on their savings.

Aha, I see what you've done there, very good! But unfortunately you're using the outdated and obsolete definition of owner.... :)

Aha, I see what you've done there, very good! But unfortunately you're using the outdated and obsolete definition of owner.... :)

Exactly - what part of 'leveraged investment domicile' doesn't he understand?