House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

Halifax Out At 8Am

Compared to Nationwide, Halifax is more biased towards the North.

Looking at the local markets then the Halifax will be bad.

Oh and the Halifax is bust so its not got any money to lend.

+5% to +10% in line with real inflation i.e. of other essentials. Shame wages and now benefits aren't matching the rises. What unexpected event could possibly be next I wonder?

German industrial production out a 11am. A country with a real economy.

No doubt the Daily Ekspreß will find the right angle. "Industrial production up 30% as tough rental market forces landlords to invest in Miele appliances to attract tenants."

How exciting :lol:.

....but you still getting more on your savings in interest without the associated costs......and inflation is far higher over the year, so still quids in? ;)

Correct! Up 1.1% it is....

GBPUSD didn't even budge at the news of such a remarkable recovereh which suggests to me that the markets think its all smoke and mirrors, as much as we do.

....but you still getting more on your savings in interest without the associated costs......and inflation is far higher over the year, so still quids in? ;)

Not so much that, more that the figure is meaningless taking into account volumes and vested interests.

If you ignore the three month moving average.( I don't particularly like their smoothing technique, it did prove useful to them during the slump, and maybe they will ditch it now we are on the up) then the increase over April 2012 is 166094/160249 = 3.6%. Has it ever got above RPI since the crash as it has now on this measure?....possibly during the dead cat bounce of 2009/10.

Edited by crashmonitor

The NSA figure is up over £3k in one month...

:ph34r:

On the bright side I think we can get forget about more QE and interest rates may nudge up a bit in anticipation of future tightening.

Edit. Would have made a nice headline for someone......'House Prices increase by £100 a day'

Edited by crashmonitor

On the bright side I think we can get forget about more QE and interest rates may nudge up a bit in anticipation of future tightening.

Edit. Would have made a nice headline for someone......'House Prices increase by £100 a day'

No more QE? But the primary deficit is £120bn a year! How is Osborne going to get that lot away at less than 2% without help from Carney?