House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
right_freds_dead

The Royal Wee

im just wondering if our monarchy have mntioned anything about the subjects being priced out of 95% of towns, or if the dutchy of cornwall has made any moves in suggesting the government pull ones finger out.

or do they hold a string of rentals and are doing well from the housing crisis ?

im just wondering if our monarchy have mntioned anything about the subjects being priced out of 95% of towns, or if the dutchy of cornwall has made any moves in suggesting the government pull ones finger out.

or do they hold a string of rentals and are doing well from the housing crisis ?

They have their own particular housing shortage. The price of Corgi kennels have gone through the roof in align with new build rabbit hutches. :huh:

its a monsterous carbunkle, and another anus horriblus.

one thing that usualy stops the rot is the monarchy piping in a few lines for better provision and the house of lords gets the ball and sentiment moving.

its about time someone at the top said something dont you think ? though if it turned out that they as private business tax paying people (as they are supposed to be) are making a mint out of land and housing - then the whole, me subsidising royals via state tax thing should be held in question.

a monarchy can work if they are uncorruptable and speak up for the good of the subjects when governments get out of control on any given path. its in everyones interests to let the air out of this baloon as soon as possible. i think some words from up on high qould be a great help.

unless their hands are dirty.

**edit after libitinas post.

looks they have ridden the normal inflation, but i dont see any wholesale cashing in onthe housing market thankfully. and i did see some affordable housing programs. perhaps then, they could speak in favour of conservation of the british family sometime soon.

Edited by right_freds_dead

its a monsterous carbunkle, and another anus horriblus.

one thing that usualy stops the rot is the monarchy piping in a few lines for better provision and the house of lords gets the ball and sentiment moving.

its about time someone at the top said something dont you think ? though if it turned out that they as private business tax paying people (as they are supposed to be) are making a mint out of land and housing - then the whole, me subsidising royals via state tax thing should be held in question.

a monarchy can work if they are uncorruptable and speak up for the good of the subjects when governments get out of control on any given path. its in everyones interests to let the air out of this baloon as soon as possible. i think some words from up on high qould be a great help.

unless their hands are dirty.

Drinking wine on an empty stomach whilst waiting for roast to cook is not a good idea. though maybe it'll help the creative juices flow with regards to college assignment....

Whats your excuse?

;):P

i really do feel a monarchy is a good political system.

and im not being sarcastic. when the monarchy is strong, we do best.

when they are weak, our own greed and lack of social cohesion ebbs into our life.

as its done now.

if an uncorruptable monarchy were to speak out against this tide, the political tide would change.

and im not being sarcastic. when the monarchy is strong, we do best.

when they are weak, our own greed and lack of social cohesion ebbs into our life.

as its done now.

if an uncorruptable monarchy were to speak out against this tide, the political tide would change.

You're right. But only for the top 3% unfortunately

if an uncorruptable monarchy

It's be nice but it certainly isn't Liz and her tribe.

You're right. But only for the top 3% unfortunately

it might not be perfect, but its better than gross capitalism.

id rather it was the establishment and not people like TTRTT.

the idea behind an uncorruptable monarchy is that if you give the leading family everything they see, how can you corrupt them or get their favour on any issue that wasnt in the best interests of the subjects.

i think this was workiing fine up to circa 1975. when the queen said jump. government jumped.

this respect for the crown needs to return. wholesale.

or were heading for the sh1t at 200mph.

ask why are you priced out and whos done it to you and why ?

then tell your family why.

then keep working for more more more..

monarchy or die.

There is one important structural aspect of the mnary in that it is dynastic, being so theire timeframes can be exceedingly long. Most govt's don't give a damn about what happens 4 years later let alone 40 if there is an election round the corner. I have no doubt that short-termism compunding and creating many of the problems that are going to be facing the country over the next few decades.