House Price Crash Forum

Fred Presses Meet To Become Downing St Protest

HOLA441

i wish to suggest that this forthcoming pub meet be turned into a protest/pub meet.

why not turn up at downing street with some whistles and placards of HPC and make some noise. call the news and get at least some opposition to high housing going. even if its 30 people i think it would be a start.

then have the pub meet after that close by.

for me and other non londoners to attend id have to buy a ticket, a hotel, a dog kennel, abandon a business and make egg sandwiches. while i cant do that for a small port and lemon in a pub, i would do it for a protest - then go to the pub after. i will even bring 'barks' the price correction mind reading dog.

to me, going to all this trouble to meet in numbers in central london, for just a social drink is a wasted opportunity,.

but im not saying the meet isnt a good opportunity for housing correction releated sex if thats your beef.

HOLA442

i wish to suggest that this forthcoming pub meet be turned into a protest/pub meet.

why not turn up at downing street with some whistles and placards of HPC and make some noise. call the news and get at least some opposition to high housing going. even if its 30 people i think it would be a start.

for me and other non londoners to attend id have to buy a ticket, a hotel, a dog kennel, abandon a business and make egg sandwiches. while i cant do that for a small port and lemon in a pub, i would do it for a protest - then go to the pub after. i will even bring 'barks' the price correction mind reading dog.

to me, going to all this trouble to meet in numbers in central london, for just a social drink is a wasted opportunity,.

but im not saying the meet isnt a good opportunity for housing correction releated sex if thats your beef.

Dont knock housing correction sex until you've tried it. :P:P:P:blink:

HOLA443

I think you need more water with it........ :P

HOLA444

well, as i suspected. after a few viewings and 2 posts. no effort to get a protest going, or even any positive posts.

this is why you lot (and me) have been aloowed to become boxed in by the smarter ones.

seeing this makes me feel its much deserved.

i should get out of here.

theres no backbone here.

no real grit.

some graphs, some anecdotals. gold ramping and pubside quaffing.

perhaps its me, or is this whole forum just pointless, entertainment.

HOLA445

some graphs, some anecdotals. gold ramping and pubside quaffing.

perhaps its me, or is this whole forum just pointless, entertainment.

Mostly. I see your point, why not organise it? Or maybe when people go back to work, someone else may care too.

Definately BEFORE the pub though, pi$$ed HPC'ers on Sky may not be a pretty sight :)

HOLA446

RFD I agree absolutely.

It is quite clear that housing will be maintained at high prices unless there is a political force to have them reduced.

Most on here are maintaining high prices be extolling the virtues of renting. Probably mostly BTL landlords.

The most stupid comment that is continued is that there is no lack of housing. They pretend to have economic giants amongst them, but don't even understand 'supply and demand'.

I think there should be a new site to campaign for lower prices - as the numbers forced to rent increases, the campaign will gain momentum.

HOLA447
Mostly. I see your point, why not organise it? Or maybe when people go back to work, someone else may care too.

short of asking people to attend - like i am doing now, there is nothing i can do.

i am going to quit this stupid forum. if were just having laughs i can go get them somewhere else.

HOLA448

short of asking people to attend - like i am doing now, there is nothing i can do.

i am going to quit this stupid forum. if were just having laughs i can go get them somewhere else.

Why not start the ball rolling then and camp out side parliament which some banners a la that anti-war protester?

I have called for more direct action in the past but the idea was shot down with comments like 'housing is a market and it is affected by forces', 'price go up and down' yadda yadda yadda.

HOLA449

Fred, don't quit and don't jump to conclusions about your fellow HPCers either. :)

I would be happy to come to a protest but we need to agree what our demands are first.

After all I was under the impression that most of the people on this site believe that house prices will fall of their own accord without any political movement.

As for the demands we might have I for one would like to see an end to irresponsible lending practices but some people see 105% mortgages at 5x single salary as a way of actively helping those of us who are priced out.

I would probably like to call for tighter regulation of BTL mortgages and the private rental sector but I can't think of a catchy slogan which sums that up.

So what would your demands be?

P.S. Chill :)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Fred, don't quit and don't jump to conclusions about your fellow HPCers either. :)

I would be happy to come to a protest but we need to agree what our demands are first.

After all I was under the impression that most of the people on this site believe that house prices will fall of their own accord without any political movement.

As for the demands we might have I for one would like to see an end to irresponsible lending practices but some people see 105% mortgages at 5x single salary as a way of actively helping those of us who are priced out.

I would probably like to call for tighter regulation of BTL mortgages and the private rental sector but I can't think of a catchy slogan which sums that up.

So what would your demands be?

P.S. Chill :)

Agreed. It's the weekend. Maybe the more proactive/ vocal memebers will be back tomorrow when they return to work.

So, any ideas anyone for a catchy chant?

HOLA4412

What on earth would a protest do? People winging about no being able to buy a house is that sort of thing that would make people rush out and buy a house, while they can, before prices go up. That a protest would stop people buying houses is beyond laughable.

All you can do is give people information to make a rational decision on whether they should buy a house. Prices will fall some time, but protesting about wanting them to now is pointless.

About the only thing I can imagine worth protesting is the Bank of England for being irresponsible regarding interest rates.

HOLA4413

I think you have to be careful about the way it is reported.

Will the media just look on it as 30 crazy people who all sold to rent and are trying to bring the market down?

They can spin things whichever way they want to. Until the crash i suppose.

HOLA4414

About the only thing I can imagine worth protesting is the Bank of England for being irresponsible regarding interest rates.

Or the lenders being allowed to lend stupid multiples.............

HOLA4415

I agree that something should be done.

but what??

Public sentiment has led the prices higher..

There is no conspiracy.. and it happens... its the boom and bust of capatilisim..

The press are just people... people are just people..

As bloody obvious as it is.. people don't like hearing that the good times have come to an end.. and that they may have made a terrible mistake...

for that in its essense is the truth...

We don't need aaffordable housing...

Housing hasn't changed in any way at all to make it more expensive..

We just need people to stop being so happy to pay too much for housing..

so what can we say...??

its hard to know what to say, even if it is the truth..

But the message is hard..

and people won't like hearing it/

HOLA4416

perhaps i let the port get to me there.

all i was saying is that instead of a meet - why not have a protest / meet.

25 people would do it. someone just calls sky news. and generally make a nuisance of yourselves.

it takes the same effort to arrange and turn up to a meet, than it would to a protest/meet.

throw a few eggs. complaint to any cameras and jeer and chant. get some hpc banners.

i know market forces are flattening the landscape - but where are the council houses gordy ?

whats with SIPPS ?

HOLA4417

Or the lenders being allowed to lend stupid multiples.............

Well personally I disagree, this is up to them. When people can't pay back then they will go bankrupt or learn their lesson. Easy credit has certainly contributed to house price inflation, but easy credit is a good thing. The bad thing is that people don't understand (yet) that because credit is avaliable they should make use of it. They soon will.

HOLA4418

Well personally I disagree, this is up to them. When people can't pay back then they will go bankrupt or learn their lesson. Easy credit has certainly contributed to house price inflation, but easy credit is a good thing. The bad thing is that people don't understand (yet) that because credit is avaliable they should make use of it. They soon will.

I disagree, people don't realise that whatever they borrow has to be paid back. I don't think the lenders will be in anyway inclined to be lenient this time either,. People think that because they are offered 5, 6 otr 7x multiples that they will be able to afford it. They don't take into consideration IR's, rising bills, families etc...

Though I take your point that noone forces them to sign on the dotted line.

HOLA4419
Guest Alright Jack

RFD.

You have identified yourself as someone with a less than 'whiter than white' motive. As someone who turns over 600k per annum you are not a poor hard done to FTB who just wants a home for his family. The press - should they condescend to give you the time of day, which I very much doubt - will see straight through this.

You would not be helping the 'HPC cause' (is that an acceptable term ?)

Your attempts to create political pressure in the name of FTBs for your own personal gain are disgusting and will, quite rightly, be seen thus.

Didn't Kirsty once draw a simile with a vaccine proprietor creating a small pox pandemic ?

I forgot to add, and since I cannot edit, being a troll and all:-

Of course, I'm just a troll.

HOLA4420

RFD.

You have identified yourself as someone with a less than 'whiter than white' motive. As someone who turns over 600k per annum you are not a poor hard done to FTB who just wants a home for his family. The press - should they condescend to give you the time of day, which I very much doubt - will see straight through this.

Your attempts to create political pressure in the name of FTBs for your own personal gain are disgusting and will, quite rightly, be seen thus.

Didn't Kirsty once draw a simile with a vaccine proprietor creating a small pox pandemic ?

So just because he could afford to pay over the odds for a house means he should?? Why?

HOLA4421

perhaps i let the port get to me there.

all i was saying is that instead of a meet - why not have a protest / meet.

25 people would do it. someone just calls sky news. and generally make a nuisance of yourselves.

it takes the same effort to arrange and turn up to a meet, than it would to a protest/meet.

throw a few eggs. complaint to any cameras and jeer and chant. get some hpc banners.

i know market forces are flattening the landscape - but where are the council houses gordy ?

whats with SIPPS ?

I agree that SIPPS would be a good one to protest on, especially as its seen by the public as a tax payout to those able to afford second homes / holiday homes.

Giving local authorities the option to hold on to / extend their council housing stock would also be useful.

Slogans anyone?

HOLA4422
RFD.

just because i turnover a lot doesnt mean i draw much more than £40k. 40k up here int north gets me an ex LA semi. which i admit i can do. can i do it for 25 years ? i dont know. its not the money. why should i hand over 80K extra to some boom fool who cant save ? naw - ill wait. and ill try to put pressure on the powers to correct things back to EQUALITY.

theres nothing political about me except FAIRNESS.

my contractors all draw from the same turnover. i suppose i should tell them to naff off on rate rises.

they cant afford homes. s'not my problem. perhaps ill contract in india next. ive been looking, but have some obnoxious loyalty which is fast evaporating in this current uk climate.

i could be in hawai.

HOLA4423
I disagree, people don't realise that whatever they borrow has to be paid back. I don't think the lenders will be in anyway inclined to be lenient this time either,. People think that because they are offered 5, 6 otr 7x multiples that they will be able to afford it. They don't take into consideration IR's, rising bills, families etc...

Though I take your point that noone forces them to sign on the dotted line.

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for people who in-debt themselves, and blaiming it on the lenders is as silly as blaimg tobacco companies (now) for people smoking. If people took more personal responbility and didn't have everyone making excuses for them half the problems of this world would be solved overnight.

HOLA4424
Guest Alright Jack

just because i turnover a lot doesnt mean i draw much more than £40k. 40k up here int north gets me an ex LA semi. which i admit i can do. can i do it for 25 years ? i dont know. its not the money. why should i hand over 80K extra to some boom fool who cant save ? naw - ill wait. and ill try to put pressure on the powers to correct things back to EQUALITY.

theres nothing political about me except FAIRNESS.

my contractors all draw from the same turnover. i suppose i should tell them to naff off on rate rises.

they cant afford homes. s'not my problem. perhaps ill contract in india next. ive been looking, but have some obnoxious loyalty which is fast evaporating in this current uk climate.

i could be in hawai.

3.5 x 40k = 140K + a bit of deposit, what's the problem ?

You highlite the inconsistancies prevelant on this forum. You and most of the posters on here would clearly have little difficulty buying. So what's deal ???? I am so confused by all this. What is it you want exactly, for us to simply give you our houses ? It is much easier mowadays than before. You don't even need a deposit these days.

It is my understanding that many on here, you included, believe that you are part of a super human earning machine elite, thus you try to make the case with respect to some imaginary concept of a 'normal UK citizen', who earns 8k, has an IQ of 3 and ten years of debt obligation already.

Grow up.

There has been significant inflation across the board over the last ten years (don't believe the CPI figures, they are rubbish) This includes wages for the 'poor' too believe it or not and they don't all earn 8k a year as you like to think and base your house price crash nonsense on.

You think house prices should fall because you want them to. Duh! Well, that's me rattled, I'm gonna sell my house to you for peanuts quick before it gets repossessed for no apparent reason.

While you can afford it, there is no pressure on pricing. You can wait as long as you like but in the mean time others will continue to buy and sell houses around you.

Stop thinking you are a 'cut above'. If you want to buy a house then put your hand in your pocket as I did. As we all did.

HOLA4425

i think you need to grow up troll. like you paid current 'inflated' prices like i have to.

your not arguing from a level field.

which is all you pre boom boomers can do. i create wealth and i keep it. ill pay fair on housing or ill take my business and my contract work to another country. i wont be funding YOUR pension matey.

i was about to buy, but i havent. i got a sweet 24 month rental deal from some poor sap BTL at £370 pcm for 24 months. ill give it 3 years. after that i will be moving. one thing is for sure. i wont be putting it into the wider economy via your mew.

im waiting for the correction that will level ignorant trolls like you.

all this ever was, is a boom. not your skill and 'hard work'.

i do hard work. thats why i get paid well. people like you do nothing but sponge larger amounts off the economy, than even the most isidious benefit cheat could ever do. worthless is the most apt word to describe you.

all your worth is some moment in time inflation.

once thats gone your back to nothing.

Edited by right_freds_dead