House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spoony

Dow Jones Touches 15000

On the financial TV channels there have been excited bulls spouting, 'we are back in business', 'the market is back' etc

We have been here before:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=178162

and

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=70489&st=45

Good jobs data out plus house prices have started to rise again.Will this last? I think it will keep going then fall again as the next EU country falls. FTSE 100 doing well also. Any opinions?

Its depressing for me as I feel I can't stick my cash anywhere. Stocks too high now and risky. Gold ditto. Foriegn currency the only protection against government theft.

Edited by Spoony

just remind us, from an economy that is the biggest in the World, possibly the Galaxy, just how many firms make up the DOW?

1367870745[/url]' post='909317803']

just remind us, from an economy that is the biggest in the World, possibly the Galaxy, just how many firms make up the DOW?

A grand total of....

As everything is booming again then the Fed will not need to do any more QE and interest rates can start to go up.

Wonder what will happen to the market if either of those occur

There has been some talk of stopping QE as the fed did announce that they will adjust QE as and when required. This has prompted people to speculate this is them hinting they may stop it.

There has been some talk of stopping QE as the fed did announce that they will adjust QE as and when required. This has prompted people to speculate this is them hinting they may stop it.

Bernank keeps threatening to stop because he wants to shake out the inflation hedges in oil and commodes. The moment he actually stops the trapdoor will open, until then we grind higher. Given that US manufacturing just saw its 3rd consecutive year of decline he isn't likely to stop soon IMHO.