House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
inflating

Viewer Steals While Looking Around Southend Properties For Sale

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/10401082.Con_artist_targets_two_south_Essex_house_sellers/

A CON ARTIST stole around £27,000 of jewellery from two house-sellers while pretending to view their homes.

Essex Police are warning homeowners and estate agents to be vigilant after the thief struck properties in Rayleigh and Rochford.

The homeowners were left “shocked and upset” after a man, who had been left alone in their properties, snatched designer watches from their bedrooms.

The first con happened in Rochford last Tuesday, when estate agents met a man at a house near Sutton Road Cemetery.

Rayleigh is on the way to London, considered a better than average part of Southend. Recently there have been night brawls in the high street. It's not far from Leigh, where there have been assaults and knifings in recent weeks at pub chucking out time.

Rochford is more rural in places and near the expanded airport. Sutton Rd Cemetery is nearer the more ordinary end of Southend, pretty working class and on the edge of a council estate by Victory Park, which recently had travellers on it.

Southend property prices seem to have outshone a lot of other areas. The reason for this is three-fold: first and foremost, it's to p*ss me off, secondly it's because a lot of London City money came into the town, and thirdly London local authorities have sent a lot of tenants to the area, fuelling a BTL buying spree and increased rental values compared to a year or two ago.

The newly expanded airport has brought some locals out to protest and talk about legal action, alleging some property values might have been affected http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/southend/10066162.Battle_lines_drawn_over_Southend_Airport_compensation/

Surely some mistake....? Only 20 or so online newspaper readers read the other stories ? :huh:

readby2x.jpg

Not big on t'internet in South Essex these days?? :huh:

I saw the guy on the roundabout in Basildon with his sign shown in your link. Felt sorry for the guy. Also a bit worried for his safety as its quite likely he would be offered "work" by one of the local pikeys who frequent the area.

I saw the guy on the roundabout in Basildon with his sign shown in your link. Felt sorry for the guy. Also a bit worried for his safety as its quite likely he would be offered "work" by one of the local pikeys who frequent the area.

I might be wrong but he got a job at an ironmongers as a result of it.

It reminds me of the 80s when 500 people applied to work in a shop in the high street (I was one of them, and no I didn't get past the interview stage)

I might be wrong but he got a job at an ironmongers as a result of it.

It reminds me of the 80s when 500 people applied to work in a shop in the high street (I was one of them, and no I didn't get past the interview stage)

At least there was a shop in the high street.