House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rave

The Shrewsbury 24 Petition

http://www.organizedrage.com/2013/03/are-spooks-on-government-orders.html

I'm sat here with a glass of wine reading HPC and also reading the latest Private Eye. The 'In The Back' section has a story about the Shrewsbury 24, so I googled it. The above link is the first I came across.

I'm a member of Unite- I joined the T&GW when I first became a bus driver and have stayed on post merger purely for the privilege of having a union rep present on the (depressingly numerous) occasions upon which my company has tried to stitch me up. AFAIK I don't pay into the 'political fund' AKA Labour Party subs. I'm no fan of the union's current direction, and I'll certainly resign if they actually do manage to organize the 'General Strike' which they're apparently hell bent on.

But, that said, I do believe in the general principle of freedom of union organization. And I'm frankly fascinated to know why the documents relating to some relatively trivial offences 40 years ago are still being classified. I want to see those documents, and if you have a curious bone in your body, so do you. So please sign, and then spread the word, via twitter, and other forums etc.- to me, this is not about whether or not the unions were right or wrong, it's about transparent justice, which as far as I'm concerned is incredibly important. We need to get those 100,000 signatures for the good of our country.

Signed.

But the number didn't go up. I'm sure it's fine tho. :ph34r:

I find it bizarre that a petition about what appears on the face of it to be an egregious miscarriage of justice, started by a well known and popular actor, can't get 100,000 signatures. You'd have thought the Labour Party (or their 'grass roots' at least) would be all over it, for a start, along with the unions.

I find it bizarre that a petition about what appears on the face of it to be an egregious miscarriage of justice, started by a well known and popular actor, can't get 100,000 signatures. You'd have thought the Labour Party (or their 'grass roots' at least) would be all over it, for a start, along with the unions.

Well, the 30 year limit on keeping the records secret will have expired in 2004-2006, so all the Labour government of the day had to do was to let things take their course and they would now be public.

Although it's not made explicit, I think it's clear that they chose to keep these documents secret.

Well, the 30 year limit on keeping the records secret will have expired in 2004-2006, so all the Labour government of the day had to do was to let things take their course and they would now be public.

Although it's not made explicit, I think it's clear that they chose to keep these documents secret.

Yes true I suppose, but what the Blair government wanted then, and what the Labour membership as a whole want now, is not necessarily the same!

There really is something odd going on with the petition- twice now I've seen the number of signatures decrease by one! :ph34r:

There may very well be something damaging to both the unions and the establishment lurking beneath the surface.

There may very well be something damaging to both the unions and the establishment lurking beneath the surface.

Lots of nasty things happening on the English-Welsh borders in the 1970s.

One wonders if they are in any way related