House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Ken Clarke - One Of The Worst?

For many years I bought his man of the people act: scruffy, fat, smokes, drinks, scuffed shoes. Yes he's one of us.

I even forgave his jazz-obsession (we're all different).

But his pronouncements over the last few years have made me realise that this is just a front. He is as bad as Mandelson for wanting to sell out the country to Europe without caring remotely what the British population wants and what is of benefit to it. And in my eyes he's worse for pretending he was "on our side" when he quite patently isn't.

"Good old Ken" my ****.

For many years I bought his man of the people act: scruffy, fat, smokes, drinks, scuffed shoes. Yes he's one of us.

I even forgave his jazz-obsession (we're all different).

But his pronouncements over the last few years have made me realise that this is just a front. He is as bad as Mandelson for wanting to sell out the country to Europe without caring remotely what the British population wants and what is of benefit to it. And in my eyes he's worse for pretending he was "on our side" when he quite patently isn't.

"Good old Ken" my ****.

I agree, I bought it too. They really are all the same aren't they?

Did you see how he called the UKIP people clowns etc then the next day the headline was about one of them doing a nazi salute? Fishy right before the elections...

Haven't voted since Thatcher, give up on them all, no real alternative, no real democracy. Maybe RBS will lend me £50m to setup my party?

Clarke just looks foolish because he is basically in denial about the political changes taking place, he was obsolete many years ago really. He knows the game is up for Europe and the Toff Brigade who thought they were born to rule. If Scottish independence gets rolling, and UKIP keep making gains the old "political class" :lol: are screwed.

I agree, I bought it too. They really are all the same aren't they?

Did you see how he called the UKIP people clowns etc then the next day the headline was about one of them doing a nazi salute? Fishy right before the elections...

Haven't voted since Thatcher, give up on them all, no real alternative, no real democracy. Maybe RBS will lend me £50m to setup my party?

Not only that, Cameron announced the royal charter on press regulation was to be postponed a couple of days later. One favour gets another. The British political establishment is as crooked as the devil's toes.

I hadn't given much credence to the Bilderberg conspiracy theories, but as soon as "good old Ken" says something is absolute nonsense you know he's lying. And look what other pro-EU politicians are his bedfellows.

Ken Clarke today dismissed conspiracy theories about the secretive Bilderberg Group conference as 'absolute nonsense'.

And in a thinly-veiled swipe at Commons Speaker John Bercow, he said he could not believe he had been dragged to the Commons to comment on an event held by a private organisation.

The senior minister attended the Bilderberg meeting with David Cameron and George Osborne last week, but Downing Street has refused to give any information about who they met or what was discussed.

Labour figures including Ed Balls and Lord Mandelson also attended.

Today Mr Clarke was called to the Commons to explain what happened at the four-day conference, after Mr Cameron once promised to lead the 'most open and transparent government in the world'.

Mr Bercow granted an urgent question from Labour MP Michael Meacher about the impact of the conference on government policy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2338936/Bilderberg-2013-Ken-Clarke-called-Parliament-answer-questions-conference.html

Not exactly democracy when government and opposition meet up in secret with the great and the good from around the world and plot in secret how to manage the peons, is it.

This sort of thing is why elections are a stitch up. Ballsup and Osborne both went, that says it all really doesn't it.

Even though I don't like his politics, drink, morals, smoking or even jazz particularly - Ken Clarke's one of the few politicians I could imagine spending a few hours with and having a chat.

But he's no different from the rest in every other way.