House Price Crash Forum
FrozenOut

If Your House Won't Sell, Guess What?

The price is wrong!!!

In response to a house across the road from my girlfriend's, we like it 4 bedroom twin garage town house in Harefield.

Asking price £465,000 and now up for sale with TWO Estate Agents.

What's wrong with these people??? :rolleyes:

The price is wrong!!!

In response to a house across the road from my girlfriend's, we like it 4 bedroom twin garage town house in Harefield.

Denial is most definitely not a river...

;)

if you were told, as they were that they had 'made' thousands from doing nothing, they are going to be very reluctant to let go of that dream your providing.

a stand off, followed by the inevitable crash back to reality.

your wages are not infinite.

you can either pay for YOUR dreams, or theirs.

if you were told, as they were that they had 'made' thousands from doing nothing, they are going to be very reluctant to let go of that dream your providing.

a stand off, followed by the inevitable crash back to reality.

your wages are not infinite.

you can either pay for YOUR dreams, or theirs.

Im stealing that.

Need to sell in a hurry?

http://www.nationalhomebuyers.co.uk/

Welcome to National Homebuyers. We are a major national property company whose mission is to help you sell your home quickly and stress-free. We guarantee to buy your property, residential or commercial, regardless of its condition or location.

Often, we complete in less than 7 days. We can even arrange for you to stay in your property as a tenant for as long as you wish.

The Which Magazine has just published an article about

National Homebuyers.

One couple paid £695 for a survey, reassured that under the terms and

Conditions that money would be refunded, if they sold to the company.

They knew they wouldn’t receive full market value from National Homebuyers.

But thought ‘competitive’ meant they’d receive a price not far off.

National Homebuyers told the couple it couldn’t say how much lower

It would offer.

An estate agent valued their property at £275k National Homebuyers

Offered £180k (35% less.)

They didn’t sell to National Homebuyers so lost their £695.

On National Homebuyers website there is an admission that offers

Are 20 ~30% less than market value.

So there it is folks! market value for a quick sale is 30% down.

The price is wrong!!!

Funny you should mention that....I looked at two houses recently, after doing the nethouseprices/ourproperty thang I took the trip to Land Reg (Birkenhead, I live on the Wirral) to get the other details i.e. who had charges on the properties. OK..the one on sale by Susie Homemaker had 3 charges against it, L.R. cannot divulge the amounts, can`t be arsed accessing Equifax, but with 3 charges you can understand why she needs as much as poss. My 70K below asking price offer did not go down well :P

Second one, mentioned it on here earlier in the week, was owned by a BMVer. Now they bought it in July 2005, and it had one charge v it, put on a month ago to Nat West, they have severe cash flow concerns IMHO, they wanted 50K more than I`m prepared to pay.

Strange thing is this house in particular is right for us, I`m offering 140K less than a perfect one is up for sale in the same road, it`ll take 50K to put right I want to insulate myself from a 24% correction, 1% per month over the next 2 years, and I want to see some reward for my risk. Strange thing is we no longer care if we find a bigger place or not unless we win hands down.

Sorry, meant to add that when you out BMV one of these supposed BMV experts they go potty, telling you the market is good etc.."Well if it`s that good you cheap suited fukc..in time share salesman how were you able to buy it so cheap?..hello..you still there..?"

Edited by Converted Lurker

Funny you should mention that....I looked at two houses recently, after doing the nethouseprices/ourproperty thang I took the trip to Land Reg (Birkenhead, I live on the Wirral) to get the other details i.e. who had charges on the properties. OK..the one on sale by Susie Homemaker had 3 charges against it, L.R. cannot divulge the amounts, can`t be arsed accessing Equifax, but with 3 charges you can understand why she needs as much as poss. My 70K below asking price offer did not go down well :P

Second one, mentioned it on here earlier in the week, was owned by a BMVer. Now they bought it in July 2005, and it had one charge v it, put on a month ago to Nat West, they have severe cash flow concerns IMHO, they wanted 50K more than I`m prepared to pay.

Strange thing is this house in particular is right for us, I`m offering 140K less than a perfect one is up for sale in the same road, it`ll take 50K to put right I want to insulate myself from a 24% correction, 1% per month over the next 2 years, and I want to see some reward for my risk. Strange thing is we no longer care if we find a bigger place or not unless we win hands down.

Sorry, meant to add that when you out BMV one of these supposed BMV experts they go potty, telling you the market is good etc.."Well if it`s that good you cheap suited fukc..in time share salesman how were you able to buy it so cheap?..hello..you still there..?"

where about you looking Lurker - hope its not MORETON/ Had Sykes Waterhouse on the phone to me 3-4 time a week in the summer. Local people tell me that MORETON is certainly not MEOLS!

I work in Bromborough and was looking in the Bromborough/Bebington area. Seen some nice houses but the prices were silly. Prices in Liverpool are dropping to SILLY prices from F*CKIN RIDICULOUS prices, but I dont see that on the Wirral. Clive Watkin and Brennans dont seem to be reducing prices at all?

Be interesting to know what sort of offers you have been putting in and the reactions to it?

TB

Wasn't there talk about doing a leaflet for homesellers who are having trouble selling talking about all the alternatives.

We could also do a leaflet of useful hints for buyers to negotiate the price down.

I've started an entry on the Wikipedia site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Houseprice

This is a temporary home to see how it will do.

Wasn't there talk about doing a leaflet for homesellers who are having trouble selling talking about all the alternatives.

We could also do a leaflet of useful hints for buyers to negotiate the price down.

I've started an entry on the Wikipedia site:

This is a temporary home to see how it will do.

It's left the edit buttons in. Does that mean I can change it? ;):ph34r:;)

where about you looking Lurker - hope its not MORETON/ Had Sykes Waterhouse on the phone to me 3-4 time a week in the summer. Local people tell me that MORETON is certainly not MEOLS!

I work in Bromborough and was looking in the Bromborough/Bebington area. Seen some nice houses but the prices were silly. Prices in Liverpool are dropping to SILLY prices from F*CKIN RIDICULOUS prices, but I dont see that on the Wirral. Clive Watkin and Brennans dont seem to be reducing prices at all?

Be interesting to know what sort of offers you have been putting in and the reactions to it?

TB

Shields eyes from hideous avatar in order to reply B)

I live in Hoylake, we want a bigger house in Meols/Hoylake, 3 kids, about to be teenage Daughter needs own bathroom either that or I`ll die of hairspray inhalation :blink:

I`ve offered 220 for a wrecked place up for offers over 300, offered 200 for a wrecked place up for 250, offered 300 for a perfect place up for a massively over priced 370. I reckon the BMV buyers would have a deal around 220 against their asking of 250 but d`ya know I can`t be that bothered. If some muppet pays 250 I`ll have a chuckle.

I`m patient, even as a second/third/runger, I`ve no need to sell to buy as fortunately I bought our `ickle place for next to nowt 8 years ago and I have a mortgage free bungalow in Thingwall I rent of to my infirmed brother in law, well I say rent off, it`s peppercorn. Pick off the bargains is my advice..there will be lots. For example, not my taste, but three bed detached recent build in Meols, Sherwood Grove, up for 213, reckon 200 would buy it if you can move quickly, gotta say 200 for a detached in Meols is a steal IMHO.

Weird price movements? Bloke I know pays 870 to live on Stanley Road Hoylake looks over the golf course, house opposite looks over the Irish sea from a fantastic elevated positon up for 650..go figure.

As for Moreton it`s OK, on the point of values holding up on the Wirral have you seen the volumes? 40% down YoY.

With respect to L`pool..jeez..don`t know what to say. Met with and interviewed Chris of Albany apartments fame a few months back after meeting one of the partners at Venmores..that city centre is in for the biggest fall ever in the history of the property game...scary

You're very trusting. :D

Not really.

If there is enough material out there then there will be a decent leaflet produced in no time. If there is not enough material then there it's not worth worrying about.

If anyone thinks that they've got a good idea for this then please start editing. The preliminary leaflet again is here:

Here is where you can edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...ice&action=edit

The main thing is to get more text, but I'd also like to get some pictures in it and I'd like to find someone who could legitimately host a wiki so that it shouldn't squat on Wikipedia.

Shields eyes from hideous avatar in order to reply B)

Have to hold onto something - not had much success in recent years and we AINT gonna win the league soon.

With respect to L`pool..jeez..don`t know what to say. Met with and interviewed Chris of Albany apartments fame a few months back after meeting one of the partners at Venmores..that city centre is in for the biggest fall ever in the history of the property game...scary

Cant agree more. My mate was renting in Georges dock - one opposite Toys R Us. Ricky Tomlinson used to live there, was quite exclusive. Got it for £600 a month - normally £720! These are top notch apartments - massive!!! (Old Dock Warehouses to anyone not familiar). These used to be fully rented. Now with the new Radisson, which still has apartments available after 18 months completion, the rent market seem to be coming down. Think LIVERPOOL PLC from a property point of view will be a bad investment come 2008?

Wirral 40% down YoY. Sort of backs up my arguement that the EA's are NOT reacting to market conditions. Whats the saying? "If your house aint selling......... your asking too much?"

TB

Have to hold onto something - not had much success in recent years and we AINT gonna win the league soon.

Cant agree more. My mate was renting in Georges dock - one opposite Toys R Us. Ricky Tomlinson used to live there, was quite exclusive. Got it for £600 a month - normally £720! These are top notch apartments - massive!!! (Old Dock Warehouses to anyone not familiar). These used to be fully rented. Now with the new Radisson, which still has apartments available after 18 months completion, the rent market seem to be coming down. Think LIVERPOOL PLC from a property point of view will be a bad investment come 2008?

Wirral 40% down YoY. Sort of backs up my arguement that the EA's are NOT reacting to market conditions. Whats the saying? "If your house aint selling......... your asking too much?"

TB

The Liverpool 2008 is a huge red herring..I have it on good authority that the council thought Newcastle would get the nod and were kinda hoping they would. All you will get is banners and bunting..believe me I know `cos I know the guys doing the banners/bunting/websites ;)

Guest Winners and Losers

Live and learn. When the market first started going belly up in Oz, vendors were turning down offers, holding out for asking prices etc. A few months down the track it turns out that the offers turned down were now considerably higher than any subsequent offer was likely to be. By the tens of thousands. If you are selling now, take your money and run.

The Liverpool 2008 is a huge red herring..I have it on good authority that the council thought Newcastle would get the nod and were kinda hoping they would. All you will get is banners and bunting..believe me I know `cos I know the guys doing the banners/bunting/websites ;)

Not really.

If there is enough material out there then there will be a decent leaflet produced in no time. If there is not enough material then there it's not worth worrying about.

If anyone thinks that they've got a good idea for this then please start editing. The preliminary leaflet again is here:

Here is where you can edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...ice&action=edit

The main thing is to get more text, but I'd also like to get some pictures in it and I'd like to find someone who could legitimately host a wiki so that it shouldn't squat on Wikipedia.

Moved as part of this project

And perhaps even more so if they have remortgaged to the full value of it.

Live and learn. When the market first started going belly up in Oz, vendors were turning down offers, holding out for asking prices etc. A few months down the track it turns out that the offers turned down were now considerably higher than any subsequent offer was likely to be. By the tens of thousands. If you are selling now, take your money and run.

It's still hanging in there. No crash so far but it's coming. Kinda like a car crash. You know it's coming yet your eyes are locked on the fast approaching tree, deep down you know you should turn the steering wheel yet you don't. I hope the BTL's have an airbag :o if not this may help (jaws of life)

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1592.JPG

post-938-1132445603_thumb.jpg

post-938-1132445749_thumb.jpg

Edited by GCS15

Guest Winners and Losers

Rabbit in headlights springs to mind. Poor bunnies.

It's still hanging in there. No crash so far but it's coming. Kinda like a car crash. You know it's coming yet your eyes are locked on the fast approaching tree, deep down you know you should turn the steering wheel yet you don't. I hope the BTL's have an airbag :o if not this may help (jaws of life)

:D