House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ill_handle_it

Texas Hold 'em Games On And Offline.

I've been playing Governor of Poker on and off for a couple of years and a have basic understanding of the game as a result. I'm sure purists will have an opinion of this particular variant of the game and it probably won't be good. However, the format for me is appealing. I'm now looking to advance a little and perhaps learn to play at fairly good standard. Therefore can anyone suggest other online and offline games and other tips on advancing my very basic skills. Please merge if appropriate. Thanks in advance.

I've been playing Governor of Poker on and off for a couple of years and a have basic understanding of the game as a result. I'm sure purists will have an opinion of this particular variant of the game and it probably won't be good. However, the format for me is appealing. I'm now looking to advance a little and perhaps learn to play at fairly good standard. Therefore can anyone suggest other online and offline games and other tips on advancing my very basic skills. Please merge if appropriate. Thanks in advance.

Having won and mostly lost a few k over the years playing poker both live and online, tournament and poker, i feel suitably qualified to reply.

I seen your post an hour ago and ive been playing it ever since. I dont play much anymore (only live) but do miss online. That is a very good representation of a game of poker. Cant say ive found any major bug bears yet and the tips are good. Ive just noticed that it also has some character features - i just made a player steam when i lucked out on the last card and it was quite amusing.

You wont find this online or the animation, except for a few sites like PKR, but if you want to play poker then i dare say that little game could have been a good teacher over the years.

Free games online are full of people betting hands that you wouldnt see played in a real game so the luck factor is huge as more cards/players are in each hand. This doesnt have that problem as its a computer with seemingly decent enough poker logic which is why its the first free version of poker ive ever seen online that isnt rubbish.

Thanks for posting!

Having won and mostly lost a few k over the years playing poker both live and online, tournament and poker, i feel suitably qualified to reply.

I seen your post an hour ago and ive been playing it ever since. I dont play much anymore (only live) but do miss online. That is a very good representation of a game of poker. Cant say ive found any major bug bears yet and the tips are good. Ive just noticed that it also has some character features - i just made a player steam when i lucked out on the last card and it was quite amusing.

You wont find this online or the animation, except for a few sites like PKR, but if you want to play poker then i dare say that little game could have been a good teacher over the years.

Free games online are full of people betting hands that you wouldnt see played in a real game so the luck factor is huge as more cards/players are in each hand. This doesnt have that problem as its a computer with seemingly decent enough poker logic which is why its the first free version of poker ive ever seen online that isnt rubbish.

Thanks for posting!

I have acquired the full version of the game and therefore don't use the online version. The only problem is often it doesn't resume your game and you have to start over which is annoying to say the least. I've just uninstalled Poker Simulator Texas Holdem after a very short time - it sucked basically. Very hard to follow what was going on but it did have tips on what to do with the hand and odds which seemed cool. I'm looking for a later version.

I have acquired the full version of the game and therefore don't use the online version. The only problem is often it doesn't resume your game and you have to start over which is annoying to say the least. I've just uninstalled Poker Simulator Texas Holdem after a very short time - it sucked basically. Very hard to follow what was going on but it did have tips on what to do with the hand and odds which seemed cool. I'm looking for a later version.

Yes thelack of save option would be why im still sat here playing it!

Terrible first game but doing well in this second........

Yes thelack of save option would be why im still sat here playing it!

Terrible first game but doing well in this second........

The full game does have autosave but it's unreliable. The 2nd version might be better - not sure. I have it somewhere - I'll check and let you know.

The full game does have autosave but it's unreliable. The 2nd version might be better - not sure. I have it somewhere - I'll check and let you know.

Booo...i bought all the houses in the town then i beat the 'boss' and won his horse and then it ended ;o(

This could be dangerous...considering opening my Betfair account again - that was good fun!