House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patfig

Office Partitioning

Hi guys

I am wondering if any of you are in the filed of office / room partioning.

We are about to move to an open space that needs dividing up into various rooms. I am wondering about the merits of ready made stuff from companies like tenon / maars etc versus having good old fashioned stud walls put in. Basically will be circa 50m of walling and half a dozen ish doors

Cheers

PF

Hi guys

We are about to move to an open space that needs dividing up into various rooms. I am wondering about the merits of ready made stuff from companies like tenon / maars etc versus having good old fashioned stud walls put in. Basically will be circa 50m of walling and half a dozen ish doors

Cheers

PF

Creating new walls and permanent structures will require approval from the fire warden and council along with plans; partitions will not to the same degree.

You do a homer and you might get caught. Wardens like surprise inspections.

Depends on what you want. Check out used furniture auctioneers and wholesalers before buying new.

Plenty of offices have been cleared out this past 5 years, and you might get a whole floor of some failed outfit, including partitions and all the gear on the cheap.

Hi guys

Cheers

PF

PM me with a plan or sketch.

Yes, fire officer will be interested,

Most partitions start at half hour fire rating, going up to 1 hour and more depending on the closeness of a means of escape.

any ceiling?

will need to know the type of doors you require ( hollow, with or without vision panel, closer), how much of your partition is glazed and how it is to be glazed ( dado to door head is popular), solid elevation is cheaper, how high it needs to be , decorated or plain ready for painting.

soundproofing may be an issue.

BL