House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
casehog

Focus Borehamwood Closing Down

Is all this loss of trade in the DIY sector due to downturn? How much is just a shift to competitors?

Even the likes of B&Q are suffering, not sure about their direct sales through Screwfix though.

Sipps may well be the final hurrah in expections and the sudden realisation that LL's generally don't spend much in the highstreet and without OO related expenditure the DIY sector and the general economy with it are a dead duck, a expanding stagnant no-spend renter population will cripple the consumer boom.

They have parakeets in Ardwick too.

Bits in th etimes yesterday about the people who bought wickes didn't see this downturn coming..

And then about b&q struggling too.

Sipps may well be the final hurrah in expections and the sudden realisation that LL's generally don't spend much in the highstreet and without OO related expenditure the DIY sector and the general economy with it are a dead duck, a expanding stagnant no-spend renter population will cripple the consumer boom.

I was in an EA today and got talking to a man who was going to buy a house via SIPPs. I showed some interest and he then began to question ME what exactly SIPPs were - 'nuff said!

I was in an EA today and got talking to a man who was going to buy a house via SIPPs. I showed some interest and he then began to question ME what exactly SIPPs were - 'nuff said!

Good to know FSA are on the ball as usual, not that they care where the economy ends up, just more jobs and money for the boys with the brooms to sweep up the mess.