House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EmmaRoid

Halifax To Pay F T B Stamp Duty

....so they are waiving their admin fees then? ;)

The Stamp Duty Special deal will run from today until 7 July and includes a 60 per cent LTV two-year fix at 2.54 per cent and an 85 per cent LTV two-year fix at 3.84 per cent.

Even with no admin fees, if they borrow the money at 0.5% and lend it out at these rates, they are still making an absolutely stonking profit for doing effectively f' all.

So the stamp duty tax is still due but the Halifax is paying it instead of the FTBers.

It'll probably cross "in the post" with the taxpayers bail out money going to the Halifax.

It's likely that savers are also having to cough up quite a bit of it - again.

Edited by billybong

Its that desire to HELP that is filtering through.

This is the talking point....everyone is HELPING out....big society.

The reality is Government are helping themselves to your taxes and handing them to bankers to put you in a 25 year deal you cant afford with out the HELP you wouldnt even need if they werent helping.

Its that desire to HELP that is filtering through.

This is the talking point....everyone is HELPING out....big society.

The reality is Government are helping themselves to your taxes and handing them to bankers to put you in a 25 year deal you cant afford with out the HELP you wouldnt even need if they werent helping.

+1 Yes.

The very same thing was Gordon Brown doing and also wanted to be seen doing.

LibCon learned their trade from Liebour.

To sheeple, they are more than theirs friend,or theirs Big brother- they are theirs Big Daddy who will take care of all their credit/mortgage/etc. needs (and control them that way from the day they are born until they die) hence they will happily vote for them.

Big Daddy "will not help you" until you "work hard" (become a willing slave) and "want to get on" (get a 5% mortgage and numerous loans).

Of course, you also need to be "ambitious" (the other day on this forum about Council housing), take "initiative" and be "team driven" (more obedient slaves get that label as a reward) but unable to service existing debt (even with Big Daddy's coninuous "help" throughout all these years). Only then, Big Daddy will "HELP" you.

Government is trumpeting everything in quotation marks all the time through the media.

Welcome to Orwell's 1984 created by banksters/corrupt puppet governments. Even Orwell did not see that one coming.

I bank with Hlifax and was in there today. I had to speak to three of thier staff one at reception, one at the counter and one in those little rooms they have. All three asked if I was renting and tried to get me to book in to a see a mortgage advisor.

Also, I see their ISA interest rates have reduced further in the last coulpe of weeks - instant access ISA down from 1.95% to 1.75%.

:(

I bank with Hlifax and was in there today. I had to speak to three of thier staff one at reception, one at the counter and one in those little rooms they have. All three asked if I was renting and tried to get me to book in to a see a mortgage advisor.

Also, I see their ISA interest rates have reduced further in the last coulpe of weeks - instant access ISA down from 1.95% to 1.75%.

:(

Of course they did. Bank employees always try to sell you something and if you're renting the easiest source of business for them is to flog you a loan for a house.

Of course they did. Bank employees always try to sell you something and if you're renting the easiest source of business for them is to flog you a loan for a house.

Point taken. I should add I've been banking with them since 2006 and have never been so strongly encouraged to take out a mortgage before - hence my post. Halifax staff have clearly been told to try to flog mortgages to customers with a few k in their bank accounts.

Loans make money whilst peoples saving credit is free. ;)

Point taken. I should add I've been banking with them since 2006 and have never been so strongly encouraged to take out a mortgage before - hence my post. Halifax staff have clearly been told to try to flog mortgages to customers with a few k in their bank accounts.

I've been banking with Barclays since 1966 and they never miss an opportunity to try and flog me something.

I've been banking with Barclays since 1966 and they never miss an opportunity to try and flog me something.

That's probably cos they know - like most posters on here - that the interest on your saving pays all your rent ;)

That's probably cos they know - like most posters on here - that the interest on your saving pays all your rent ;)

:rolleyes:

Actually, they haven't got a clue what my savings are. They pay such lousy rates that they only have my current and card accounts these days.

Edited by Bruce Banner