House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kazuya

Deluded Seller Strikes Or New Paradigm...

A friend of mine offered on a house (not a new build) in the 400k range in January which was accepted. The seller had yet to find a suitable house but has backed out and re-marketed the house with a different agent 10% higher than the previous asking price.

Why?

The seller is saying prices in the area they have been looking to buy in have risen by 10% since the "Help to Buy" budget and a very similiar house to theirs came on last week 10% higher too.

I'm seeing this myself as quite a few houses have come on the market around 10% higher than last year. <_<

I know asking prices don't really matter but if this is the kind of sentiment sellers have now then George Osborne's plan is already having an effect. :angry:

PS: not London, Cheshire area

Edited by Kazuya

She 'needs' to get 10% more for her house. That's how values are arrived at nowadays. The figure you 'need' to get to obtain the house you aspire to. Because the house you're selling must always provide whatever sum is 'needed' to move up the ladder. Your parents houses always did. It's one of the rules.

After all, for God's sake, you've lived in it.

Edited by juvenal