House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Stop The Ride

Unemployment Anecdotal From Spain

My mum is retried in Spain and I was chatting on the phone to her last night. When we visited recently we left a nearly full pack of nappies behind - cost about E17. My mum gave them away to some Spanish neighbours seeing hard times who were delighted beyond measure. They have no work or benefits. My mum asked the man of the family what he does and he shrugged and said, 'I steal', before giving her some helpful security advice about her car. Another neighbour, where the family has no income, has moved the grandmother out of a nursing home so they can share the pension out. Absolute devastation, and it appears that removing benefits does not incentivise people to work when there are NO JOBS.

My mum is retried in Spain and I was chatting on the phone to her last night. When we visited recently we left a nearly full pack of nappies behind - cost about E17. My mum gave them away to some Spanish neighbours seeing hard times who were delighted beyond measure. They have no work or benefits. My mum asked the man of the family what he does and he shrugged and said, 'I steal', before giving her some helpful security advice about her car. Another neighbour, where the family has no income, has moved the grandmother out of a nursing home so they can share the pension out. Absolute devastation, and it appears that removing benefits does not incentivise people to work when there are NO JOBS.

Do people think they would be better off in or out of the euro?

Do people think they would be better off in or out of the euro?

:lol:

Like a UK election, it'd be a choice between two turds. However at least with their own currency they could decide for themselves.

Absolute devastation

I have always found it strange how far people can be pushed, how they can be stolen from and enslaved yet never rise up. Never say 'this is too far'. Massive inequalities in wealth, opportunity and education and yet still people just shoulder on. Perhaps because people cannot imagine an alternative or because their own education was so poor they do not have the intellectual capacity to see a way out.

I dunno. Just such a waste really.

:lol:

However at least with their own currency they could decide for themselves.

Sterling is borrowed into existence and does not belong to us. The UK can never decided its own fate while its monetary system is controlled by private banks.

What's stopping me rising up is CCTV :D

CCTV didn't exactly prevent all the riots of 2011. Clearly sending a very strong message afterwards was the order of the day - I suspect this might last in people's minds for a while.

I have always found it strange how far people can be pushed, how they can be stolen from and enslaved yet never rise up. Never say 'this is too far'.

It's that boiling frogs thing again...

I share your thoughts. How far will things have to go before people do say "this is enough"? Aren't we past that point already?

Just remembered. On the plane over, I sat next to a young woman working as an au pair in England, and sending back most of the money as the sole source of income for her parents. She was improving English to take up a nursing position in the NHS, so she could support them properly.

It's that boiling frogs thing again...

I share your thoughts. How far will things have to go before people do say "this is enough"? Aren't we past that point already?

Hunger is the point when things will turn nasty