House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric pebble

People Can't Afford Petrol........ And They Can't Afford Property Either!

Petrol sales slump to 23-year low as drivers suffer sky-high prices on the forecourts

British drivers are cutting back on petrol to record levels because of prices

Retailers' profit margins increased by 57 per cent over last four years

"‘People just can’t afford these prices. Our research shows two thirds of people are using their cars less or cutting back elsewhere to compensate for higher prices.’"

:D:P:rolleyes::rolleyes: Ring any bells??!? :lol:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2316288/Petrol-sales-slump-23-year-low-drivers-suffer-sky-high-prices-

Edited by eric pebble

Their "Priced Out".

Perhaps we should subsidize Buy To Let petrol providers. .... oh and tax breaks for those owning "second petrol tanks" and "holiday petrol tanks"

wink.gif

Now you're talking...SPEW (Subsidized Petrol Equity Withdrawal). I can see it now. Fill up the car, don't go anywhere, and just leverage the amount in yer tank. Lovely Jubbly.

Edited by tomwatkins

Now you're talking...SPEW (Subsidized Petrol Equity Withdrawal). I can see it now. Fill up the car, don't go anywhere, and just leverage the amount in yer tank. Lovely Jubbly.

Weren't they advising us not that long ago to store it in jerry cans to store at home....those who were silly enough to listen to their recommendations are already in profit. ;)

MP:Aaawww poor first time drivers. Someone should do something!

Dave: I know, lets provide credit to the first time drivers (FTD) so that they can buy petrol.

MP: That's a great idea, that will fix the problem.

Dave: I will just call Merv and tell him to start a new scheme

MP: What will that be called

Dave: Funding for petrol (FFP)

MP: That solution will win us the next election.

Dave: Lets go to the bar for a tax payer subsidised drink.

Funding for driving scheme aimed at the indebted people who need to buy houses beccause the Gov tells them they have to will be good, I will email Osborne take it as done :lol:

You jest, but there is alt least flexibility of demand for petrol. People can respond to high petrol prices by car-sharing, walking, cycling, or choosing closer locations for shopping and leisure trips.

Now about not being able to afford housing... slightly less easy to find alternatives to living in a house.

You jest, but there is alt least flexibility of demand for petrol. People can respond to high petrol prices by car-sharing, walking, cycling, or choosing closer locations for shopping and leisure trips.

Now about not being able to afford housing... slightly less easy to find alternatives to living in a house.

ive dropped a line to the GDP Police about you.

Ive just bought a Deisel in replacement of my destroyed petrol, which would do around 500 miles on a tank anyway...my previous petrol car only did about 400.

I suspect a lot of clunkers ( paid for by government subsidy) is now hitting back in another unforeseen way....ie DEFLATION is the natural way for progress to work in the economy.

A blind eye was turned to this.....maybe because if they saw that they were knocked down they would be obliged to house them? :unsure:

article-2052051-0E7A1ABF00000578-370_634x522.jpg

Guest eight

A blind eye was turned to this.....maybe because if they saw that they were knocked down they would be obliged to house them? :unsure:

article-2052051-0E7A1ABF00000578-370_634x522.jpg

Ah, the People's Republic of Sloughistan.

Their "Priced Out".

Perhaps we should subsidize Buy To Let petrol providers. .... oh and tax breaks for those owning "second petrol tanks" and "holiday petrol tanks"

wink.gif

I think it's important to get on the motoring ladder early. I know someone who started out in a Fiat 600 in 1965 and now they are driving a BMW 3 series. It just goes to show.