House Price Crash Forum

Spring Bounce - Anecdotal

Guest pioneer31

HOLA441
Guest pioneer31

A friend of mine has been living in rented for several months. However the LL has advised that he wants him out in February as he's selling the house.

Waiting for the Spring bounce I presume.

Perhaps somebody should tell him?

Edited by pioneer31

HOLA442
HOLA443

A friend of mine has been living in rented for several months. However the LL has advised that he wants him out in February as he's selling the house.

Waiting for the Spring bounce I presume.

Perhaps somebody should tell him?

Yep our Landlord has given notice he intends to sell in Spring, he asked if we would be interested but we said no thanks. I suspect we may see a flood of properties on the market this Spring part of which may be BTL trying to get a free hand to take advantage of the mythical SIPPS hand out.

Edited by Riser

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Ours is quite the reverse. They own quite a number of student properties and two barns that they did up, one we live in and one they do. The are model landlord and landlady. We recently had a problem with the washing machine, dishwasher, fridge and guttering, seems that several of the student properties have had the same! They sounded quite financially embarrased. The landlady was very pleading that if we move out we would give them plenty of notice. I think our £1500 a month gives little in the way of profit and before we moved in it had been up for rent for a considerable time.

Before anyone says thats a lot its about half the current mortgage would be, even with our hefty deposit.

But overall I agree. Interesting mechanism. Tens of thousands of properties dumped on the market ready for A-Day. Prices collapse, proporty looks an even worse investment currently, market seriously tanks. Job done. Maybe Gordon may be our saviour yet!

Edited by uro_who

HOLA447

Ours is quite the reverse. They own quite a number of student properties and two barns that they did up, one we live in and one they do. The are model landlord and landlady. We recently had a problem with the washing machine, dishwasher, fridge and guttering, seems that several of the student properties have had the same! They sounded quite financially embarrased. The landlady was very pleading that if we move out we would give them plenty of notice. I think our £1500 a month gives little in the way of profit and before we moved in it had been up for rent for a considerable time.

Before anyone says thats a lot its about half the current mortgage would be, even with our hefty deposit.

But overall I agree. Interesting mechanism. Tens of thousands of properties dumped on the market ready for A-Day. Prices collapse, proporty looks an even worse investment currently, market seriously tanks. Job done. Maybe Gordon may be our saviour yet!

Let's hope next year's spring bounce is like this year's.

HOLA448

A friend of mine has been living in rented for several months. However the LL has advised that he wants him out in February as he's selling the house. Waiting for the Spring bounce I presume. Perhaps somebody should tell him?

Landlords had better pray that the VIs can keep panic under control until spring. If their house remains empty while they are trying to sell, they will lose a lot of money. If they don't manage to sell, they will have lost a lot of money for nothing.

HOLA449

Landlords had better pray that the VIs can keep panic under control until spring. If their house remains empty while they are trying to sell, they will lose a lot of money. If they don't manage to sell, they will have lost a lot of money for nothing.

And a lot of amatuers will NEED to sell and the forced sales will commence hence driving prices down faster.

Also I think we will find there is no spring bounce again. :lol::lol:

Also don't forget the ones that rely on MEW to survive have now had a year or so to realise there will be no more MEW for them to live on, oh dear how will they survive? :)

Edited by consa

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

i think there is ZERO chance of any spring bounce or any other recovery of the falling market.

wages and affordabilty have if anything -gone down as job security falls.

no way, therefore will people be up for lining the pockets of anyone for nothing.

this crash wont stop until we go back to the prices THEY paid 2-3 years ago.

the country is completely out of idiotic fools.

HOLA4412