House Price Crash Forum

Ftb Here - Help Interpreting Ea Actions

HOLA441

Dear HPC veterans - I am FTB from East london area, now have the deposit now after going through a long period of tight fist.

Decision in principle for a loan got from London and Country, will seek other lenders shortly to get a firm decision.

I have been a silent spectator in rightmove for a long time, I notice some of the houses advertised with a certain EA are taken off from Rightmove suddenly after a few days.

The one we were looking at was advertised for just 1 day with a open house on saturday, on saturday morning it was removed from rightmove. The open house still went through to which I went as well, there were about 20 potential buyers viewing this property on that day.

Does this mean the house has already been offered and the offer accepted before open house but still the vendor and EA are looking to run the open house to attract more buyers and possibly stiching the buyer who's offer that has been accepted?. Or the buyer has pulled the property off the market. The buyer did seem intent on selling during the open house though.

Really appreciate the thoughts of you experienced folks in here. How to proceed with offer on this one if interested this being the first ever and only property viewed :rolleyes: or am I just being lucky or too naive too offer?

Thanks in advance.

HOLA442

At a guess, it means the agent is trying to put psychological pressure on you to bid up the house, by creating an impression of lots of demand and hard to get.

Do you want to take on an agent doing that on their terms? Bear in mind they're the professional salesmen. Would you pick a fist fight with a professional boxer, or a gunfight with a soldier?

HOLA443

At a guess, it means the agent is trying to put psychological pressure on you to bid up the house, by creating an impression of lots of demand and hard to get.

Do you want to take on an agent doing that on their terms? Bear in mind they're the professional salesmen. Would you pick a fist fight with a professional boxer, or a gunfight with a soldier?

I guess are you are right. But there might be real buyers making offers behind the scenes. Unfortunately this is a major EA in this area with nearly 80% of all good properties marketed through.