House Price Crash Forum
goldhead

Paying Coininvestdirect

Newbie here, so hi everyone.

I made a purchase of some sovs on Friday from Coininvestdirect.com. I transferred the money on Friday morning online, the money has left my account, but my CID account says the payment is still outstanding and due tomorrow.

As this is the first time I have purchased anything from them, I would just like to know if anyone else has experienced this, and whether this is normal or not. The one thing that worries me, is the fact it says the payment is due tomorrow, and that they'll charge interest if they don't get it. My account is an HSBC account by the way, so the transfer should have been fairly quick.

Newbie here, so hi everyone.

I made a purchase of some sovs on Friday from Coininvestdirect.com. I transferred the money on Friday morning online, the money has left my account, but my CID account says the payment is still outstanding and due tomorrow.

As this is the first time I have purchased anything from them, I would just like to know if anyone else has experienced this, and whether this is normal or not. The one thing that worries me, is the fact it says the payment is due tomorrow, and that they'll charge interest if they don't get it. My account is an HSBC account by the way, so the transfer should have been fairly quick.

It's Sunday, so maybe the money won't arrive until the next banking day (Monday)

I shouldn't sweat it until tomorrow lunchtime.

Edited by Bear Necessities

It's Sunday, so surely the money won't arrive until the next banking day (Monday)

That's what I was thinking, but i'd heard that a HSBC transfer to CID was pretty quick (matter of hours), so was sort of expecting it to show up later that day, so put it down to the system being a bit slow.

I'm just getting a bit concerned what with talks of charging 5% interest if they don't get the money by the due date, and if something has gone wrong it doesn't give me much time to play with to chase things up tomorrow.

The new Payments Services Regulations, as laid down by the Lending Standards Board, are that a Faster Payment will reach the destination anywhere in the EU, by the end of the next bank working day. That's "will" as in "MUST". Give your bank a rollicking.

"...the payer’s Payment Service Provider must ensure that the amount of the payment transaction is credited to the payee’s PSP’s account by the end of the business day following the day of receipt of the payment order."

Edited by Old Nis

Phew, it says they received the payment this morning. Perhaps they are a bit behind with the current demand. Thanks for your help fella's.

probably a bank messup. May have been delayed by anti-fraud controls if you do not usually send that sort of amount out - make sure you tell them in advance next time.

Unless it's automated, it probably relies on someone manually "connecting" the inbound payment with the pending order and pushing a button, perhaps done once or a few times a day. So the money might have arrived in 15 minutes or less but took a while to get reconciled at their end. Key thing is it did arrive, which is good news :)