House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Miyagi

Sorry Guys

Landlords want to sell so it looks like I'll be buying in the next couple of months. Hopefully we can get the house house for around 3.5x my salary.

We've been there around 1 year love the place. Young Miyagi is settled at the local school and my parents live a stones throw away and with another young Miyagi on the way it feels like the right time.

Just got to find a good mortgage deal, but what I've seen thus far is the mortgage payments are around the same as the current rent.

Landlords want to sell so it looks like I'll be buying in the next couple of months. Hopefully we can get the house house for around 3.5x my salary.

We've been there around 1 year love the place. Young Miyagi is settled at the local school and my parents live a stones throw away and with another young Miyagi on the way it feels like the right time.

Just got to find a good mortgage deal, but what I've seen thus far is the mortgage payments are around the same as the current rent.

I don't think there's any need to apologise. People do what they have to do. I too have just bought for exactly the same reason - now feels like the right time for the family.

That shouldn't be a problem and why not make use of some of the free cash floating around at the moment Firstbuy (or whatever it's called this week).

You call THAT an apology?

My original goal when I joined this site was to get a 3 bed for around 90 to 100k, I'll have to pay sightly more than that, but not a great deal more. I could get a house probably a bit less than £90k but it's a compromise on location.

The best thing about the house is the view from the back it's what living in the valleys is all about B) .

164232_10151567825714253_735840775_n.jpg

post-14468-0-92718900-1367167047_thumb.jpg

Congratulations to you and your family Mr Miyagi. If anyone is thinking of holding off, they will need to be thinking in terms of a decade.

But if I wait a decade i won't get that cool million that Brian Hall on the main board promised me.

No need to be sorry for buying, Miyagi. Wax on, wax off.

The rent is £500 a month the repayment mortgage will be around the same, I could get a lower LTV and better rate but I'm choosing to use some of my deposit for certain improvements.

Good luck. Weve been in 3 months and whilst everyone has their own circumstances, we are much happier for it.

You've bought too? We have been in our house 2 months. Looks like lots of HPCers have bought recently.

Just had a bit of bad news for HPC actually. When I was near to exchange the house next door but 1 came on the market. It was just after new year. Surprisingly it sold two days later and as it was with the same selling agent I was buying mine from it came up in conversation. He told me he had sold it above the asking price. I put this down to ea ******** thinking he was just trying to show that I had "a cracking deal" and ensuring I wasn't going to pull out! Well they completed Friday and we spoke to the sellers just before they moved. He confirmed it was above asking price. Made me look a total prat because I said to the mrs it's never going to sell in a million years at the price! Also it was priced £40k above what we paid. And I would actually consider our house to be slightly better! Almost identical floor space. We have a garage and a bigger garden.

Everybody stop being so nice to Mr Miyagi!

He is an unbeliever! He has moved over to the Dark Side!

Send him to Coventry! Shun him and his daughters for a thousand generations! Burn him!

Send him to Coventry! Shun him and his daughters for a thousand generations! Burn him!

its ok, he still has to live in Wales

My original goal when I joined this site was to get a 3 bed for around 90 to 100k, I'll have to pay sightly more than that, but not a great deal more. I could get a house probably a bit less than £90k but it's a compromise on location.

The best thing about the house is the view from the back it's what living in the valleys is all about B) .

But think of all the extra (public sector) work you'll have to put in for that location. You'll be too busy to enjoy the view! :P

Congatulations Mr. Miyagi.

We bought from our landlord for the same reasons; young family, settled in, good schools and to get away from the letting agent who treated us like dirt.

Three years on the wheels haven't dropped off and we have been able to spruce the place up.

Home sweet home.

:)

You've bought too? We have been in our house 2 months. Looks like lots of HPCers have bought recently.

Just had a bit of bad news for HPC actually. When I was near to exchange the house next door but 1 came on the market. It was just after new year. Surprisingly it sold two days later and as it was with the same selling agent I was buying mine from it came up in conversation. He told me he had sold it above the asking price. I put this down to ea ******** thinking he was just trying to show that I had "a cracking deal" and ensuring I wasn't going to pull out! Well they completed Friday and we spoke to the sellers just before they moved. He confirmed it was above asking price. Made me look a total prat because I said to the mrs it's never going to sell in a million years at the price! Also it was priced £40k above what we paid. And I would actually consider our house to be slightly better! Almost identical floor space. We have a garage and a bigger garden.

I bought at the end of Jan too and you can see from my joining date I've been putting it off for a long time. It's definitely been the right thing for us and I do feel much more settled.

I bought at the end of Jan too and you can see from my joining date I've been putting it off for a long time. It's definitely been the right thing for us and I do feel much more settled.

My reason for buying was I was basically at the point were I couldn't reasonably live at parents anymore, being 30 years old, for both my sake and theirs. I had the choice of renting or buying. But with over 50% deposit it made no sense to rent when I could pay half the rent in mortgage and overpay like a ******* and get it cleared within 10-15 years.

Still hoping for the crash to come. If it does we will up upsize to a nice place with a bit of land hopefully. If not just have to hold here as long as possible.

With all these HPCers buying I expect the indicies should be in a for a bit of flash crash! Can't imagine any of us lot paying top dollar. I certainly didn't!

With all these HPCers buying I expect the indicies should be in a for a bit of flash crash! Can't imagine any of us lot paying top dollar. I certainly didn't!

The last bears are capitulating...

PS Clarification: even if prices suddenly crash this year, I won't feel smug about it - it's caused so much grief with my other half, I probably should just have drank the Kool Aid and bought.

You need to admit you're a disgrace.

I bought too in Oct last year, but hey.... that's not the point :P

Definitely burnt at the stake.

All us believers can dance around it naked - whilst slapping our own backs with birch leaves.

The rent is £500 a month the repayment mortgage will be around the same, I could get a lower LTV and better rate but I'm choosing to use some of my deposit for certain improvements.

and straight in with extra expense just to get it up to standard..:D

congratulations.

90k for 3 bedder....sounds just slightly higher than the target 75K.

90K gets you a 1 bedder round here.

Or £900 pcm gets you 4 double bedrooms, drive in drive out drive, garage, shed, laundry, 100 x150garden and horses out back.

But think of all the extra (public sector) work you'll have to put in for that location. You'll be too busy to enjoy the view! :P

Thanks. I would have replied earlier had I not been working for free this evening :D

and straight in with extra expense just to get it up to standard..:D

congratulations.

90k for 3 bedder....sounds just slightly higher than the target 75K.

90K gets you a 1 bedder round here.

Or £900 pcm gets you 4 double bedrooms, drive in drive out drive, garage, shed, laundry, 100 x150garden and horses out back.

Bit more than £90k, we haven't settled on a price yet.

:lol: