House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Somalian Real Estate.the Next Bubble.

It always strikes me as very odd, that <insert terrist organisation> always has someone left to make a statement that there will be more attacks.

One might think the spokemen might want to take part too at some time themselves...for the cause.....probably not..their job is to speak for the cause...not help it.

just what drives a person to kill themselves and others for the benefit of "the cause" is beyond me...

This guy is simply betting that basket case Somalia will one day become stable enough to allow the mainstream aid agencies in. Once that happens there's normally a huge under supply of the kind of 5-star accommodation those selfless servants at the UN, the BBC, the peacekeepers, the fact-finding politicians and the aid agencies expect. Well, you can't expect them to leave Manhattan or the shores of Lake Geneva and experience a drop in living standards. A friend at the BBC was staying in a £200-a-night shipping container during the independence of East Timor years ago. The aid agencies had taken all the more expensive stuff. The Intercontinental Hotel in Asmara, Eritrea used to be full of Italian peacekeepers and their local girlfriends. I was told they built the hotel especially for a visit by Hillary Clinton and her entourage. Really, if people actually knew how these agencies spent their donations, they'd never give another penny to most of them.

Oh yes, that reminds me - I know a guy who works in East Africa for a Catholic charity. He is handsomely rewarded for his selfless charity work - so much so that he actually employs someone else to do his job so that he can spend his time at the Country Club.

This guy is simply betting that basket case Somalia will one day become stable enough to allow the mainstream aid agencies in. Once that happens there's normally a huge under supply of the kind of 5-star accommodation those selfless servants at the UN, the BBC, the peacekeepers, the fact-finding politicians and the aid agencies expect. Well, you can't expect them to leave Manhattan or the shores of Lake Geneva and experience a drop in living standards. A friend at the BBC was staying in a £200-a-night shipping container during the independence of East Timor years ago. The aid agencies had taken all the more expensive stuff. The Intercontinental Hotel in Asmara, Eritrea used to be full of Italian peacekeepers and their local girlfriends. I was told they built the hotel especially for a visit by Hillary Clinton and her entourage. Really, if people actually knew how these agencies spent their donations, they'd never give another penny to most of them.

Oh yes, that reminds me - I know a guy who works in East Africa for a Catholic charity. He is handsomely rewarded for his selfless charity work - so much so that he actually employs someone else to do his job so that he can spend his time at the Country Club.

+1