House Price Crash Forum
Harry Monk

Which 3 H P C Members Would You Like To Meet?

As per the topic thread. Theoretically of course.]

I'd say

1. Killer Bunny, (Jonathon Davis), I frequently listen to him on the radio and love his dour Scottish confrontational Evangelist style and his sheer common sense, to hear him demolish a Vested Interest's argument is always a pleasure.

2. SoonNotaChainRetailer, for his knowledge about Impex and having some understanding about my part in that jigsaw rather than being one of the "Ban the Juggernauts" brigade.

3. Third one was really difficult, I've declared it a draw between "Seasonally/ Formerly etc Employed/ Unemployed Youth" and "The Bolton Fury" simply because I enjoy reading their posts.

Your turn!

I'd like to meet Erranta 3 times. In fact even then I doubt anything he writes would make any sense to me, but I would still like to have a go.

After cadging a lift from Harry Monk in his lorry, I'd call on Winkie. She would produce the homemade wine and home-grown carrot cake. After giving me a hand-knitted scarf, she would point me towards the best bargains in the local Morrisons.

A loaded trolley secured for about six quid, I'd nod 'hello' to Erranta with his sandwich boards and bullhorn on my way out.

Edited by juvenal

jesus! none of them in person!

I'm not Jesus! ;)

Guest eight

Ha! I'm a proper w@nker in real life I'm afraid.

Don't think there's anybody on here I wouldn't like to meet really, not any more. All the real nuts seem to have been weeded out or just have a lower boredom threshold than me. Obviously like most people Erranta and Injin would be top of my list but I'd even let Fluffy buy me a drink so long as he didn't try to convert me into one of "them".

Something about Septicus sets my teeth on edge but he doesn't frequent OT much anyway.

Two sadly departed:

Bulltraderpt and Ken Ichikawa

The madness of King (Mr) Pin, and ccc, to watch the mighty one's pulling technique.

Edit: well lots really; even people who annoy me on the board might be a laugh. Shame the meets of the early days (when I get the impression the board was smaller and more London-centric) have ceased. Although Mark has made valiant efforts to set one up Hampshire way.

Edited by Frank Hovis

Shame the meets of the early days (when I get the impression the board was smaller and more London-centric) have ceased. Although Mark has made valiant efforts to set one up Hampshire way.

Have a look in the Off Topic forum :)

I'm not sure I can single anyone out in particular, but if I have to, boltonfury gets yet another vote (he'll think I'm stalking him), ccc is hilarious, really, I quite like "life stories" irrespective of the person. I've been a member for a while and I've had help, encouragement and laughs from so many people that any list is bound to exclude someone.

So far as meeting up goes (and that might be interesting in itself) I'm not sure whether an evening of philosophical and economic debate or just a "good night" (sure people know what I mean!) would be preferable, we shall perhaps see ;)