House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Harry Monk

My House Value To Rise By 4.5% In 6 Months

Three quarters of homeowners are predicting house prices to rise this year, and by an average of 4.5 per cent over the next six months.

In a sign of confidence returning to the market, it is the biggest predicted price increase by UK homeowners in over three years, according to the research from property website Zoopla.co.uk.

And the proportion of owners who think prices will increase is also at the highest level for almost three years with three quarters (74 per cent) of those surveyed predicting prices in their area will increase, the most since the second quarter of 2010.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-2314585/House-prices-predicted-rise-4-5-6-months-UK-homeowners.html#ixzz2RYKLC200

Unbe- freaking- lievable!

better get that "help to buy" soon, other wise that deposit you are entitled to is going to be bigger than the mortgage you need today.

lets not forget about the situation for "helped" homeowner here.

lets say he has a £100K flat to buy.

He gathers £5K deposit and £20K from the scheme, which is to be paid back in five years,

The balance 75K needs a household income of 18.75K....

not a big stretch....but of course, in five years you are going to want to move or have a kid....PLUS you now have £20K to pay back.

Trapped.

and your equity has risen by a fraction of the house price increase...or possibly gone altogether.

Its a terrible scheme for most....which is why few get to qualify.

but it passes the lioability for falling house prices from the shoulders of banks, largely onto the shoulders of the private public with a nudge from the taxpayer

quite neat really, those who end up shouldering the burden

the beautiful thing is, it is out of choice, they feel like they've got themselves a deal - in many ways they have, they can feel smug for all of 6 months or so

It is the biggest predicted price increase by UK homeowners in over three years.

... and how accurate have the predictions of the Great British homeowner been over those three years?

... and how accurate have the predictions of the Great British homeowner been over those three years?

About as accurate as the predictions on here.

I remember predictions on here of 80% falls "because thats what happened in Japan".

Lets face it, nobody has a clue really, the huge manipulations going on could lead in either direction.

For full disclosure, I own my home outright but would love a big fall in prices - I have 3 late teens daughter who I want rid of eventually!

I'd rather pass my "wealth" onto them in the form of lower house prices now than in devalued pounds in 25 years time. A lot of homeowners miss this point...

Edited by ItsColdUpHere

There must be a problem with the Spring bounce.

The more they worry, the harder they ramp.

My thoughts entirely. I am seeing some sales in my area of Devon but after a briskish winter things seem to have slowed a bit. I received the following puff piecefrom a local agent this morning. It bears repeating. I have viewed perhaps three houses with them over the past two years.

"March seems to have seen a major step forward in the propertry market......official figures now point out that the housing market hit a three-year high in March. But we didn't really need official figures to tell us that. The level of activity has increased significantly. The higher number of viewings, offers and sales is there for all to see. Inevitably the number of properties on the market is dwindling. Pressure on buyers is growing. In some areas gazumping is raising its ugly head again, remember gazumping?"

The letter included a leaflet listing a selection of their current properties for sale. 21 properties featured. 14 with price reductions

My thoughts entirely. I am seeing some sales in my area of Devon but after a briskish winter things seem to have slowed a bit. I received the following puff piecefrom a local agent this morning. It bears repeating. I have viewed perhaps three houses with them over the past two years.

"March seems to have seen a major step forward in the propertry market......official figures now point out that the housing market hit a three-year high in March. But we didn't really need official figures to tell us that. The level of activity has increased significantly. The higher number of viewings, offers and sales is there for all to see. Inevitably the number of properties on the market is dwindling. Pressure on buyers is growing. In some areas gazumping is raising its ugly head again, remember gazumping?"

The letter included a leaflet listing a selection of their current properties for sale. 21 properties featured. 14 with price reductions

How can you tell when an estate agent is lying?

One thing is for sure, if you ever talk to an EA about a house, he'll have at least two second viewings booked for that very afternoon, even if the house has been on the market for years :rolleyes:.

So they asked homeowners if they think prices will go up ,obviously them going up helps them feel richer so they all said yes and this is reported as FACT that prices will go up ... :rolleyes:

So they asked homeowners if they think prices will go up ,obviously them going up helps them feel richer so they all said yes and this is reported as FACT that prices will go up ... :rolleyes:

Just posted a link in the Wales forum of a house just came on for a few quid short of 280K - last sold in 2009 for a few quid short of 200K.

4.5%? Pah!!! Swansea house sellers and estate agents expect 40%!

Edited by The Masked Tulip

This time next year Rodney

So they asked people who are selling there house`s how much they are going to get for them ?

How many turkeys would vote for Christmas if asked

Yes the EA`s have become over excited with FLS HTB ,it started around my way in Oct/Nov it`s funeral was the beginning of March when there were very few takers,then the asking price`s came down ,I will admit I was worried for a while ,but I think the EA`s realised they were going to go hungry if they never changed there course

lets not forget about the situation for "helped" homeowner here.

lets say he has a £100K flat to buy.

He gathers £5K deposit and £20K from the scheme, which is to be paid back in five years,

The balance 75K needs a household income of 18.75K....

not a big stretch....but of course, in five years you are going to want to move or have a kid....PLUS you now have £20K to pay back.

Trapped.

and your equity has risen by a fraction of the house price increase...or possibly gone altogether.

Its a terrible scheme for most....which is why few get to qualify.

The 20k is the killer which equates to £307 a month needing to be saved ,I would imagine that is very close to how much they would be paying each month for the £75K mortgage

Just posted a link in the Wales forum of a house just came on for a few quid short of 280K - last sold in 2009 for a few quid short of 200K.

4.5%? Pah!!! Swansea house sellers and estate agents expect 40%!

Buy it quick, before you miss the boat!

Speaking as a sheeple, I'm overjoyed that I have another ~8% imaginary wealth. I mean, some may say that 'paper wealth' that cannot be turned in to actual cash without taking out a great big loan (or living in a ditch) is not really very useful, and trashing the entire economy in order to preserve this basically imaginary 'wealth' is the stuff of madness, but they are the sort of people who think that money should be worth something, and who'd listen to that?

Buy it quick, before you miss the boat!

Missed that years ago. Some of the EAs are completely out of control IMPO now. Will that sell for 280K - sadly, possibly. Will it sell for 250 - sadly, quite likely.

There has been no house crash in Swansea West and the ZIRP and FLS is now an opportunity for certain EAs to ramp and ramp.

It is madness. But that is the situation. Your constant mocking does not alter the reality of what is happening locally for me and other Swansea HPCers.

Speaking as a sheeple, I'm overjoyed that I have another ~8% imaginary wealth. I mean, some may say that 'paper wealth' that cannot be turned in to actual cash without taking out a great big loan (or living in a ditch) is not really very useful, and trashing the entire economy in order to preserve this basically imaginary 'wealth' is the stuff of madness, but they are the sort of people who think that money should be worth something, and who'd listen to that?

However much imaginary money a house may make you still have to borrow it to spend any of it.....and to borrow that costs you still have to earn it. ;)

Missed that years ago. Some of the EAs are completely out of control IMPO now. Will that sell for 280K - sadly, possibly. Will it sell for 250 - sadly, quite likely.

There has been no house crash in Swansea West and the ZIRP and FLS is now an opportunity for certain EAs to ramp and ramp.

It is madness. But that is the situation. Your constant mocking does not alter the reality of what is happening locally for me and other Swansea HPCers.

You seem to spend your whole time trying to find houses that have gone up in price and posting them on the forum. I have looked through SA1, SA2 and now SA3 postcodes using Rightmove/Property tracker and the overwhelming price movement, over the last few months is downward.

You seem to spend your whole time trying to find houses that have gone up in price and posting them on the forum. I have looked through SA1, SA2 and now SA3 postcodes using Rightmove/Property tracker and the overwhelming price movement, over the last few months is downward.

Rubbish.

You're turning into "Marvin the Robot".

I just saw a house that came on the market yesterday for 195 go up to 210. Why - according to the EA the owner read the Express today and insisted that the asking price was put up. It is a sh*t house with far nicer ones in the road selling for 170 to 190 over the last 2 to 3 years.

I just saw a house that came on the market yesterday for 195 go up to 210. Why - according to the EA the owner read the Express today and insisted that the asking price was put up. It is a sh*t house with far nicer ones in the road selling for 170 to 190 over the last 2 to 3 years.

Talking to EAs every day is........ :rolleyes:.