House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ccc

Claire's Law - Domestic Abuse

Piece on Bbc breakfast about this. Trial going on just now in 4 places. Allows people to go to police to get information about their partner. Named after a woman who was murdered a few years back.

Spoke to three people. All women. None were actually allowed to say what they had found out - as they have to shin a confidentiality agreement.

One of them said even if your partner made you feel a bit uncomfortable at the start - and did things like buy you presents - this should be enough to contact the police :o

Had on a spokesperson from victim support. She said she wanted this rolled out across the entire country so that WOMEN could access the victim support they required.

The piece then stated that in the year following Claire's death - 93 women and 21 men died at the hands of an existing or past partner.

What hope is there when even something like victim support is a totally sexist organisation !?

Shocking - absolutely shocking.

Piece on Bbc breakfast about this. Trial going on just now in 4 places. Allows people to go to police to get information about their partner. Named after a woman who was murdered a few years back.

Spoke to three people. All women. None were actually allowed to say what they had found out - as they have to shin a confidentiality agreement.

One of them said even if your partner made you feel a bit uncomfortable at the start - and did things like buy you presents - this should be enough to contact the police :o

Had on a spokesperson from victim support. She said she wanted this rolled out across the entire country so that WOMEN could access the victim support they required.

The piece then stated that in the year following Claire's death - 93 women and 21 men died at the hands of an existing or past partner.

What hope is there when even something like victim support is a totally sexist organisation !?

You are surprised?

The whole gender debate is framed in the context of men bad women victim.

Look at any debate about rape and its always the case that women and only women are exclusively the victims of rape.

You are surprised?

The whole gender debate is framed in the context of men bad women victim.

Look at any debate about rape and its always the case that women and only women are exclusively the victims of rape.

I am not surprised - but i still find it pretty shocking.

This is a person who works for victim support. And she instantly assumes the woman is the victim.

How can she give a balanced or fair view on any situation ?

She can't - and therefore shouldn't be in that job.

There is very little support for men.

The police often remove the bloke from the situation (There's a live case near me) - but until he leaves and finds a new home it'll keep happening. He is about 70 though and has too much junk. She killed her first husband and didn't do long for it.

There is very little support for men.

The police often remove the bloke from the situation (There's a live case near me) - but until he leaves and finds a new home it'll keep happening. He is about 70 though and has too much junk. She killed her first husband and didn't do long for it.

:o

This is a person who works for victim support. And she instantly assumes the woman is the victim.

In matters of domestic or sexual violence, men cannot be victims.

One has to wonder to what extent the UK state will go to interfere with the family... that they already haven't done.

Return to feudal command and control.

Destruction of traditional wealth storage facilities.

No financial independence.

Religion all but gone from society.

No corporal punishment for children.

Rewarding the corrupt, persecuting the mob who cries for justice.

Faceless police engaging in Kafkaesque suppression.

Children on prescription medications; for acting like kids are supposed to.

Zero tolerance on conflict everywhere.

Everybody with personalised tracking devices...ie mobiles.

Smart meters.

CCTV surveillance.

Complete reliance on the state for sustenance.

At what point do they start lacing your food with saltpetre too?

Perhaps mood altering drugs for everybody?

In matters of domestic or sexual violence, men cannot be victims.

Certainly seems some people think that way.

One has to wonder to what extent the UK state will go to interfere with the family... that they already haven't done.

Return to feudal command and control.

Destruction of traditional wealth storage facilities.

No financial independence.

No corporal punishment for children.

Rewarding the corrupt, persecuting the mob who cries for justice.

Faceless police engaging in Kafkaesque suppression.

Children on prescription medications; for acting like kids are supposed to.

Zero tolerance on conflict everywhere.

Everybody with personalised tracking devices...ie mobiles.

Smart meters.

CCTV surveillance.

Complete reliance on the state for sustenance.

At what point do they start lacing your food with saltpetre too?

Perhaps mood altering drugs for everybody?

Its a brave new world.

Can't remember the title, but a year or two ago I heard a very striking play on t'wireless (Radio 4).

It started off with a battered woman who has just gone to a crisis centre and is getting help from the victim support folk.

Then it looks back over the train of events that had led to this scenario, and things are gradually revealed. In the end, it turns out she's the abuser and he the victim.

And the author was a woman <_<

I am sure that domestic violence is a serious matter, and I do not want to trtivialise it.

I think that the proportion of men suffering domestic violence probably understated, because of the additional humilation for men of being abused by a women. I would assume that men are less likely than women to admit they are abused in this way.

Abuse can, of course, be psychological as well as physical.

I am sure that domestic violence is a serious matter, and I do not want to trtivialise it.

I think that the proportion of men suffering domestic violence probably understated, because of the additional humilation for men of being abused by a women. I would assume that men are less likely than women to admit they are abused in this way.

Abuse can, of course, be psychological as well as physical.

Erin Pizzey, who started the whole abused woman's shelter movement, is now a male activist, as she sees just how one-sided the judicial system has become. Meanwhile, if you're a man, your defense lawyer cannot even bring up the fact that your accuser has history of making false claims.

Woman's privilege

A woman drove a man to suicide by crying rape and forced a second innocent man to consider taking his life after falsely accusing him of a similar sex attack.

Despite being exposed in court as a serial liar, legal restrictions mean the 21-year-old woman can never be identified.

One of my mates used to go out with a professional female boxer and he was bonafide a victim of domestic abuse. We used to rib him about this but it seemed she got there first. When I worked for the police it opened my eyes actually to how much domestic abuse goes on, we used to say Saturday was fight night and Sunday domestic violence day. I use the SureStart facility in my nearest centre (next village along) and the staff there have recently put a flyer up with rip strips holding the Domestic Violence telephone number, three have been taken already and I reckon I know most young mothers who use the centre which is quite scary really.

:(

Apart from faith schools, the head of state being the head of church, bishops in the house of lords, religion classified in the same category as race and gender etc.

But yes, apart from all that..... :rolleyes:

A relative of mine got into a drunken argument with his live in girlfriend during which she slashed his genitals with a craft knife; police attended (don't know who called them) - he was arrested and spent night in the cells.

The next day he accepted a caution and was dna swabbed, nearly lost his job due to the caution.

He owned the property and was the one physically assaulted yet he was the one taken away.

A relative of mine got into a drunken argument with his live in girlfriend during which she slashed his genitals with a craft knife; police attended (don't know who called them) - he was arrested and spent night in the cells.

The next day he accepted a caution and was dna swabbed, nearly lost his job due to the caution.

He owned the property and was the one physically assaulted yet he was the one taken away.

So then why did he accept a caution? Pretty stupid to plead guilty and then complain that you got a conviction.

So then why did he accept a caution? Pretty stupid to plead guilty and then complain that you got a conviction.

Because people think a caution is nothing.

They threatened him with court, if they had then found against him he would have got a conviction and definitely lost his job, so it was damage control to accept the caution.

He said the cops were very nice to him but had to arrest him due to policy.

They threatened him with court, if they had then found against him he would have got a conviction and definitely lost his job, so it was damage control to accept the caution.

He said the cops were very nice to him but had to arrest him due to policy.

A caution is a conviction. Picard.jpg. On the other hand if what you say is true. even if the CPS decided to charge (unlikely) and he went to court the magistrates would have kicked the charges into touch in minutes.

Mind you, I dont think your friend is alone in thinking a caution is just a telling off. The should not be called cautions IMO. They should be called 'voluntary convictions' or something that actually describes what they are

A caution is a conviction. Picard.jpg. On the other hand if what you say is true. even if the CPS decided to charge (unlikely) and he went to court the magistrates would have kicked the charges into touch in minutes.

Mind you, I dont think your friend is alone in thinking a caution is just a telling off. The should not be called cautions IMO. They should be called 'voluntary convictions' or something that actually describes what they are

Hmm, well that's not what it says here

https://www.gov.uk/caution-warning-penalty

"A caution is not a criminal conviction."

I always thought the police used cautions to avoid the courts being clogged up by every little case.

I wouldn't have accepted it if it had been me but I think he was probably in shock and just wanted to get out of there.

The girlfriend left him a while later. Recently he STR and banked a fair sum and she's come snffing around again lol :-)

The girlfriend left him a while later. Recently he STR and banked a fair sum and she's come snffing around again lol :-)

Wot, she wants some renting loser? :o

Can't remember the title, but a year or two ago I heard a very striking play on t'wireless (Radio 4).

It started off with a battered woman who has just gone to a crisis centre and is getting help from the victim support folk.

Then it looks back over the train of events that had led to this scenario, and things are gradually revealed. In the end, it turns out she's the abuser and he the victim.

And the author was a woman <_<

Well, I'll be ******ed!

They've just repeated it as today's afternoon play. Should be available on listen again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00x923h