House Price Crash Forum

Tenants Asked To Sign ‘Ambition Plans’

HOLA441

link

A south west housing association is requiring new tenants to sign up to a plan to improve their lifestyle, which will be linked to their future access to housing.

Yarlington Housing Group is asking new tenants to commit to a ‘household ambition plan’ when they are issued with its standard seven-year fixed term tenancy. Progress against the plan will be considered when the tenancy is reviewed.

The plans will be created individually for each household based on the ‘ambitions and aspirations’ of the family. Yarlington executive director Phyllida Culpin said criteria could include ‘gaining employment, adopting a healthy lifestyle, getting a qualification or contributing to their local community’.

‘It’s at their own level, but we are looking for them to commit to it, and see it through,’ she said.

The 9,000-home landlord’s initiative is being launched today at the Chartered Institute of Housing’s south west conference.

In a statement Yarlington said it ‘understands that some people may feel uncomfortable about committing to a plan’.

‘If they decide that they do not want to take advantage of this opportunity, they will be advised to bid for homes offered by other housing providers who do not have a similar scheme,’ it states.

Ms Culpin said: ‘Our approach to getting a positive involvement from new tenants is crucial to the success of our company aim to build communities. These communities consist of people from all walks of life across all abilities. We expect everyone entering this with us to do the very best that they are able.’

A spokesperson for the group said they believe this is the first such agreement to be put in place by a housing association, but expect other providers to follow the example. She added that pilot versions of the initiative have been well received by tenants, and the full scheme will be active from today.

Frickin mental. What is wrong with this country?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

link

Don't see the need for this, but maybe a commitment to keeping the communal areas clean and tidy, not dumping rubbish, etc. would be good.

Son of a friend moved into a brand-new HA development a few yrs ago. Within months it was like a slum, rubbish dumped all over the place, inc. in previously very nice children's play area.

Very depressing, esp. for tenants trying to keep it nice.

HOLA446

Don't see the need for this, but maybe a commitment to keeping the communal areas clean and tidy, not dumping rubbish, etc. would be good.

Son of a friend moved into a brand-new HA development a few yrs ago. Within months it was like a slum, rubbish dumped all over the place, inc. in previously very nice children's play area.

Very depressing, esp. for tenants trying to keep it nice.

That could only happen if they actually had a stake in the place. not going to happen whilst ever there are families living solely on benefits.

HOLA447

dont see the problem...the man said its an "opportunity" the tenants can take advantage of.

my ambition would be to see the right number of fingers being held up....what i saw, or what I am told I see.

HOLA448

From the website:

What are your ambitions and aspirations?

Do you want to return to work? Gain a qualification? Learn how to better manage your money? Quit smoking? Learn to cook healthy meals or lose weight?

Whatever your goal may be, Yarlington want to work with you to help you achieve it through our new sHAPe project.

Our exciting new sHAPe Household Ambition Plan pilot project is now underway. The aim of our Household Ambition Plans are to support you - our tenants, in achieving your goals and ambitions and help you sHAPe your future to transform the lives of you and your family. sHAPe is currently being offered to all new tenants who accept a 7 year fixed term tenancy. It is an agreement between Yarlington and the tenant and sets out the ambitions and aspirations of the tenant and their family.

The reaction from prospective tenants since our sHAPe pilot project was launched in the Yeovil and Chard area has been very positive. Most tenants have expressed surprise that Yarlington, as a landlord, is interested in helping tenants reach their potential.

Lisa Jenkins, Lettings Officer, has been working with tenants in Chard and said ‘All my sHAPe customers have been happy to participate and receptive to the idea behind it. They liked the idea of a landlord wanting their tenants to be the best that they can be and were impressed with how proactive we were in supporting people’.

The sHAPe agreement will be tailored to meet the needs of new tenants and could cover the following areas:

Employment, education and training

Skills for life

Health and wellbeing

Your responsibilities as a Yarlington tenant

Nick Fry, Yarlington’s Assistant Director for Housing and Customer Services, is sure that sHAPe will make a real difference and says ‘Yarlington don’t just want to provide homes for people - our passion is about building communities. As new tenants are no longer offered a lifetime tenancy it’s important they plan carefully for the future. We can now support residents and their families to reach their potential by helping them achieve their ambitions and becoming part of a vibrant community’.

How any this is remotely a landords concern....

HOLA449

link

There is nothing wrong as far as the "elites" are concerned:

In the future,only obedient slaves will be "employed" and "housed" "will be given a few crumbs that fell on the floor for their work for "elites".

Of course, in order to satisfy the "obedient slave status" sheeple have to give up on their employment rights,their human rights (Carry on Qathada farce is designed by the Government to whip up the sheeple to protest against the Human Rights Act that protects sheeple's human rights - under the premise "give up on your rights because Qathada is using them" ), and now this latest "initiative" about housing.

Of course, as always, these "initiatives" also have the additional benefit of dividing the sheeple around these issues.So, whilst sheeple argues (and competes) about which sheep deserves to get only a few allocated houses, "elites" rule and profit from them and in the meantime have fun in watching sheeple fighting.

I put "elites" in "" marks, because there is nothing superior about them. They would not have had any money if it was not for the people/sheeple who do the actual work for them.If Osbourne is counted as one of the "elites", then there is surely nothing superior about that guy's ability or intelligence or moral compass.Folding towels for a few weeks at Selfridges and entering dead people's names into an NHS computer surely does not qualify you for a minister of finance position.Oh, and I forgot his Bachelor of Science degree in History (like big Daddy-Gordon Brown) which should be very useful in debates about deficit,debt,(I doubt that he knows the difference),economy,...

This is not Britain.I will try even harder to pretend to myself that I am not here.:ph34r:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

There is nothing wrong as far as the "elites" are concerned:

In the future,only obedient slaves will be "employed" and "housed" "will be given a few crumbs that fell on the floor for their work for "elites".

Of course, in order to satisfy the "obedient slave status" sheeple have to give up on their employment rights,their human rights (Carry on Qathada farce is designed by the Government to whip up the sheeple to protest against the Human Rights Act that protects sheeple's human rights - under the premise "give up on your rights because Qathada is using them" ), and now this latest "initiative" about housing.

Well only obedient slaves are employed now. So why not the same with housing?

HOLA4412

Really is about time that LibLabConUKIP were forced to come out as the one party fascist rentier state they really are, don some leather boots and start clip clopping around in uniforms giving each other salutes. Its almost obvious now, to even the thickest voters.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Its like the whole country is run by primary school teachers.

The population has been infantalised for the last couple of decades by the media, encouraged by the government.

People have been told that they can abdicate personal responsibility .. which goes hand in hand with giving up their rights. Just do what authority of the 'experts' (notice how many TV shows focus on getting some alleged guru to instruct and judge members of the public) tell you and don't ask any questions.

With respect to the example given, the things that people are being asked to sign up to aren't in themselves unreasonable but the fact that some authority takes it upon themselves to demand it is a sign of just how bad the nannying has become. Getting a better job, improving health/education etc. are the sorts of goals that any reasonable and responsible person would be expected to have anyway as part of society. But then society has been undermined in favour of central planning from authority.

HOLA4415

Really is about time that LibLabConUKIP were forced to come out as the one party fascist rentier state they really are, don some leather boots and start clip clopping around in uniforms giving each other salutes. Its almost obvious now, to even the thickest voters.

But that would be an obvious admission of immorality, something they will never make. Ergo, the military vehicles will be white and the helmets blue. The pretense of virtuosness maintained to the very end.

UN%20tank.JPG

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I put "elites" in "" marks, because there is nothing superior about them. They would not have had any money if it was not for the people/sheeple who do the actual work for them.If Osbourne is counted as one of the "elites", then there is surely nothing superior about that guy's ability or intelligence or moral compass.Folding towels for a few weeks at Selfridges and entering dead people's names into an NHS computer surely does not qualify you for a minister of finance position.Oh, and I forgot his Bachelor of Science degree in History (like big Daddy-Gordon Brown) which should be very useful in debates about deficit,debt,(I doubt that he knows the difference),economy,...

This is not Britain.I will try even harder to pretend to myself that I am not here.:ph34r:

The people at the top of society, dictating how the state is run, tend to be quite a bit sharper and more ruthless (verging on sociopathic) than the average person. That's why they are at the top, reaping the benefits of everyone else's labour. Of course, a healthy dose of inherited wealth/privilege has put a lot of them there in the first place.

Still, you have to admit that the average Brit is thick as pigs**t. They take more interest in TV talent shows, soap operas, football, celebrities, pedo-mania and all the various other prolefeed that is pumped out than they do in matters of economics, civil liberties and politics. It's not like you can't inform yourself if you make the effort to.

As such, they are ideal serfs. Of course someone with a bit more smarts is going to come along and farm them like the dumb livestock they insist on behaving as. This state of affairs will continue until such time as the general population decides to become more self aware and responsible .. which could be quite some time if ever.

HOLA4418

Vot is your name?

Out of interest I wonder

How much does Gary Orr earn in pay and benefits?

Where is that money coming from?

Why not sack him (and his employees) and give that cash directly to those who need housing?

Edited by R K

HOLA4419

The people at the top of society, dictating how the state is run, tend to be quite a bit sharper and more ruthless (verging on sociopathic) than the average person. That's why they are at the top, reaping the benefits of everyone else's labour. Of course, a healthy dose of inherited wealth/privilege has put a lot of them there in the first place.

Still, you have to admit that the average Brit is thick as pigs**t. They take more interest in TV talent shows, soap operas, football, celebrities, pedo-mania and all the various other prolefeed that is pumped out than they do in matters of economics, civil liberties and politics. It's not like you can't inform yourself if you make the effort to.

As such, they are ideal serfs. Of course someone with a bit more smarts is going to come along and farm them like the dumb livestock they insist on behaving as. This state of affairs will continue until such time as the general population decides to become more self aware and responsible .. which could be quite some time if ever.

A lot of the people at the are not that smart just inherited wealth or lucky to have obtained a government subsidy!

HOLA4420

This is not legal- anyone renting a property has the right to enjoy that property without undue interference from the landlord- and I'm fairly certain this kind of intrusion is undue interference.

Strip away all the cod social psychology fake social concern and what we have here is abuse of power by a collection of little Hitlers who are so thrilled at their tiny dominance over the lives of others that they are overstepping their legal powers.

So my advice is sign the contract to get a place to live then challenge the legality of these conditions- if it gets through the courts this would expose anyone who rents a property to their landlords scrutiny at a similar level- so I doubt it would pass muster.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

If you read all the way to the bottom of the article I am sure it says:

Tom Logan, of Finsbury Park, said, the Yarlington Housing Group can take its ‘household ambition plan’ and shove up it up its sanctimonious, patronising @rse.

This article has to be from the Daily Mash, surely.

HOLA4423

Vot is your name?

Out of interest I wonder

How much does Gary Orr earn in pay and benefits?

Where is that money coming from?

Why not sack him (and his employees) and give that cash directly to those who need housing?

£147,600 up 12% this year. The business of dictating your views on other people pays well!

Edit to add source :- http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/Journals/2012/09/13/y/g/z/CE-SALARY-SURVEY-2012.pdf

Edited by XswampyX

HOLA4424

If they weren't pretending to be the NHS, the Jobcentre and an education authority etc then maybe they could reduce rents etc and that might go towards helping the general economy.

Otherwise it looks like they're just employing a lot of people with nothing better to do.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4425

link

You see that sort of thing in countries where it is customary to pay bribes. Here are some insane, arbitrary, inconsistently enforced, ill-defined rules that only some jobsworth can interpret and that cannot be appealed against. Now we can do it the easy way or the hard way ....

But why would anyone do this in Britain where there is no corruption whatsoever?

What I want to know is who funds this nonsense. If it's taxation, perhaps it could be suggested to the powers that be it might be popular if the very wise person who came up with all this could be involved in the next round of austerity cuts?