House Price Crash Forum
cybernoid

Bbc3 'free Speech: Rent Britain', Young People & Housing ; Starting 8Pm Today

Bunch of kids making obvious points, no depth. Oh well. Sad to hear their timid acceptance that they won't ever own property, just seems to be accepted as just the way it is. All a bit obvious and right on for my tastes, turning it off. Housing 'debate' appears to be over. Nothing to see here.

Had to switch off after 5 minutes.

Last time I heard that much wailing and whining was when I lived next to an ambulance factory.

Awful self-pitying nonsense.

Few points:

It's a QT format, nothing innovative except the real time twitter ratings and comments.

Young people almost all complaining of "exploitation", yet looking for a state solution - that's the theme the politicos will take from it.

Racial diversity in every pixel of the screen.

Then they started talking about soccer cannibalism, so I switched off.

The whole system of renting has been planned , for example when the conservatives came into power they choose to attacked squatters rights, once that was completed they started with the 2nd stage kick people out of their homes by reducing the housing benefit rates which affects London housing more specially in conservative areas, then mass public campaign about people on benefits, suddenly after the introduction of the bed room tax all the focus on housing benefits levels has dramatically disappeared.

Todays "young people" care completely incapable of any critical or analytical thinking. There is just no chance that they will collectively cause any great change in the ways things work. Eventually when they are still doing menial jobs and living in HMOs in their 50s a bare few of then might cotton on to whats happening.

Todays "young people" care completely incapable of any critical or analytical thinking.

Also there speling and punctuashun is atroshus.

Todays "young people" care completely incapable of any critical or analytical thinking. There is just no chance that they will collectively cause any great change in the ways things work. Eventually when they are still doing menial jobs and living in HMOs in their 50s a bare few of then might cotton on to whats happening.

There is hope, for example the young people at positivemoney are going from strength to strength.

If anyone can rock the establishment and make a difference, they will.

In my opinion they are highly intelligent, highly educated, compassionate and insightful.

Read the webpages, the blog, the comments etc. Judge for yourself.

http://www.positivemoney.org/