House Price Crash Forum

Could You Live Below The Line?

davidg

HOLA441

Living below the line is the latest celebrity craze. Showing solidarity with the world's 1.4 billion poor who live on less than $1.50 day. Could you do it? Ben Affleck, a Director, is the latest celeb to join the movement. Maybe IDS should sign up?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-ben-affleck-150-a-day-live-below-the-line-poverty-20130423,0,7734300.story

Presumably Gwen Paltrow, an Actress, will not be signing up. Her latest cookbook would cost you an estimated 200,000 pounds a month if you cooked exclusively from her recipes.

Excluding housing I must be a bit over that. My lunchtime Soja Steak was that much on its own although I made up with a Lidl Chicken rissole for tea which the missus had burned to a charred lump of charcoal. I must have used a few bob in leccy and water too.

HOLA442

Living below the line is the latest celebrity craze. Showing solidarity with the world's 1.4 billion poor who live on less than $1.50 day. Could you do it?

Seems very cynical to me, why not help improve the living conditions of the poorest rather than effectively take the piss of them?

One thing it's definitely not: showing solidarity!

HOLA443

Seems very cynical to me, why not help improve the living conditions of the poorest rather than effectively take the piss of them?

Like Sean Penn? Good point.

HOLA444
HOLA445

It's "Raising Awareness".

Which is always a handy way of defending any pointless stunt.

HOLA446

Living below the line is the latest celebrity craze. Showing solidarity with the world's 1.4 billion poor who live on less than $1.50 day. Could you do it? Ben Affleck, a Director, is the latest celeb to join the movement. Maybe IDS should sign up?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-ben-affleck-150-a-day-live-below-the-line-poverty-20130423,0,7734300.story

Presumably Gwen Paltrow, an Actress, will not be signing up. Her latest cookbook would cost you an estimated 200,000 pounds a month if you cooked exclusively from her recipes.

Excluding housing I must be a bit over that. My lunchtime Soja Steak was that much on its own although I made up with a Lidl Chicken rissole for tea which the missus had burned to a charred lump of charcoal. I must have used a few bob in leccy and water too.

Wow! You flash git!

HOLA447

If living below the line meant me going to live south of a line drawn between....er, let's say Barrow-in-Furness, and somewhere around Scarborough, then I would certainly struggle.

Eeeh by 'eck, It's proper mint up North...!

XYY

HOLA448
HOLA449

30quid per month, in the UK? Anyone who claims to manage this is lying. Council tax is double that for starters.

It is just for food.

It sounds like a good diet idea: the pound a day diet. Eat whatever you want and still lose weight. You can buy one of those big marathon bars with extra peanuts I see in garages and that would be that.

Archived