House Price Crash Forum

Happy St. Georges Day

Patfig

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I was woken by the church bells at 8am and initially thought perhaps the Queen had died :unsure: took me a few minutes to remember it's St. George's Day. Thought I'd catch my son out and asked him if he knew why they were tolling and he surprised me by knowing what day it was (not so many people seem to these days) though I have a sneaking suspicion his smart phone alarm might have told him so :ph34r:

Love the sound of the bells so has got me off to a happy start this morning.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I usually try to back up any Wiki info with a couple of other sources - half of it is crap.

Romans moved a tribe of over 6,000 celts from the sarf Wales, Herefordshire, Somerset region and shipped them over to Brittany.

(Hence the continual fierce struggle for autonomy from rest of France due to heritage and they ain't Frenchie Gauls)

nearly 1,000 yrs later the ex-pats reinvaded with Willy (A viking by ancestry- cos all Normans were settled Vikings)

- cos they made up a third of his storm-troopers.

HOLA447

....No kidding flew the flag at the tour de France people came up and said what country are you supporting Denmark? even Japan :o .....many people in the EU just don't know.....they are so used to seeing and recognise only the Union flag. ;)

HOLA448

....No kidding flew the flag at the tour de France people came up and said what country are you supporting Denmark? even Japan :o .....many people in the EU just don't know.....they are so used to seeing and recognise only the Union flag. ;)

Well would you recognise, say, the state flag of Lower Saxony? ;)

HOLA449

Well, I had this up my sleeve but I decided no-one would want to read it. B) Page 80 on.

http://books.google....0norman&f=false

Even better, they can't find the battlefield of such a major invasion

Why do we have ravens (described as 'filthy' birds in bible due to carrion eating) in "The White Tower"

(KEEP)

Archived