House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
2buyornot2buy

Google Cache. Help

Not the best place for this but hey.

I've notice the new property pal make it difficult to view cached sites. You know sometimes a property is removed from the site and relisted. You used to be able search and bring up a cached version of the site and find all the details, price, agent etc.

Useful if they have changed agents, or if the house was bought as a repo, flipper or renovation. You can easily check the premium the new owners are asking.

Do anyone know sites or tools to search for previously cached versions of a site/listing? Is it even possible with the new property pal?

Cheers

How do you mean? Have you got an example? We haven't done anything differently with the site which would prevent the Google cache from showing (assuming that is what you are referring to).

You can use the cache: operator within Google to go directly to a cached page. e.g.: stick this into Google:

cache:www.propertypal.com

Is that what you mean? If you've any examples, I'll take a look into it,

Paul.

It's OK, I think got it sorted using the wayback machine.

If I tried to search for a property that was relisted (say 14 xxxx Road) it would only show the current version of 14 xxx Road. When I get to a cached version of the listing and tried to click it showed the opps page.

Does that make sense.

It's OK, I think got it sorted using the wayback machine.

If I tried to search for a property that was relisted (say 14 xxxx Road) it would only show the current version of 14 xxx Road. When I get to a cached version of the listing and tried to click it showed the opps page.

Does that make sense.

Yeah, it does. Not a technical issue per se, just that Google happened to have crawled that page during a time when it was removed. (and subsequently cached our Oops page). I get you now.

Yeah, the wayback machine is a nifty bit of kit for that sort of thing. Have you used Evernote before? http://evernote.com/ - great way to grab pages from a point in time. I use it myself to grab information that I'm worried might disappear or change. One other tool to add to the arsenal.