House Price Crash Forum
cashinmattress

350,000 Bulgarians And Romanians Looking For Work In The Uk

Guest eight

As a Briton myself, with a wide array of friends from all over the world, I respect what you say as well.

But, I still stand by my point of stating that labourers here do not have the same work ethics as those abroad. In fact it is crap by comparison.

Tea breaks..fag breaks...sickies...attitude...

It simply doesn't work for those with UK borne expectations. Why do you think lowly paid jobs go to foreigners then? The economy is proving my point.

I see all kinds of very highly educated foreigners taking jobs in my industry, oil/gas/energy... A; because they have similar or better education, B; they are willing to work harder. Yes, written English is always a bone of contention. Most of the time these folk getting pro rata the same as as UK bourne, or better as they usually have better maths ability.

Get over yourself and look out the window. UK borne and bred kids lollygagging about town centres, on benefits?

We get the foreign ones here becasue they don't want to end up the same in their home countries. Willing to take what we deem as crap jobs to further their positions.

Do you really want our neds working in Greggs? Or in your garden/house doing construction?

Do you really think young folk who've educated themselves are going to be up to taking on lowly, mentally unstimilating work?

Bothered by the UK's state and attitude towards employment? Yes. Racist however I am not.

Perhaps you just don't like having your nose rubbed in it, every day, every time you go to the shops, have services come around, etc...

Point being, these folk coming in have a lot to lose if they don't perform. The UK has turned into a nation where you can't lose if you play the game.

EDIT: and it smacks as a bit unwarranted, especially as you've chosen to ignore the hypocrisy of living in a country which continues to benefit on exploitation of others!

Jeepers.

I don't know where to start really. All I was basically saying was that every time somebody lets the perceived wisdom that all foreign born workers are superior to all native British (whatever that might mean) workers go unchallenged then it becomes that bit harder for me, and people like me, to get a job. Solely because of our nationality. If that isn't racist then I don't know what is. You know nothing about me or my work ethic so I'll ask you again, nicely, to stop making sweeping generalisations. Otherwise I won't let it rest there.

I know everybody does it. But you were just the straw. Lucky you.

As a Briton myself, with a wide array of friends from all over the world, I respect what you say as well.

But, I still stand by my point of stating that labourers here do not have the same work ethics as those abroad. In fact it is crap by comparison.

It simply doesn't work for those with UK borne expectations. Why do you think lowly paid jobs go to foreigners then? The economy is proving my point.

I see all kinds of very highly educated foreigners taking jobs in my industry, oil/gas/energy... A; because they have similar or better education, B; they are willing to work harder. Yes, written English is always a bone of contention. Most of the time these folk getting pro rata the same as as UK bourne, or better as they usually have better maths ability.

Get over yourself and look out the window. UK borne and bred kids lollygagging about town centres, on benefits?

We get the foreign ones here becasue they don't want to end up the same in their home countries. Willing to take what we deem as crap jobs to further their positions.

Do you really want our neds working in Greggs? Or in your garden/house doing construction?

Do you really think young folk who've educated themselves are going to be up to taking on lowly, mentally unstimilating work?

Bothered by the UK's state and attitude towards employment? Yes. Racist however I am not.

Perhaps you just don't like having your nose rubbed in it, every day, every time you go to the shops, have services come around, etc...

Point being, these folk coming in have a lot to lose if they don't perform. The UK has turned into a nation where you can't lose if you play the game.

EDIT: and it smacks as a bit unwarranted, especially as you've chosen to ignore the hypocrisy of living in a country which continues to benefit on exploitation of others!

Jeepers.

If these people are such hard workers, strivers, professional attitude to everything

Why are their countries third world shit-heaps that majority of businessmen wont invest in.

You are a 5th columnist, thread stirrer of Masonic/Govt proportions - putting down the indigenous working classes by planting complete crap in peoples minds

You don't fool me!

(Your avatar even backs this up)

Deliberate Elite Exploitation - leaving majority as Paupers

Romania contains south-eastern Europe's most significant oil and gas reserves and has surplus refining capacity.

Edited by erranta

I know everybody does it. But you were just the straw. Lucky you.

Seriously, sometime you need to shake the tree.

I'm sure you are a hard worker, and never pointed any comment at you personally.

I've had some literally crap jobs as well, shovelling pig shit, picking battery chickens. Difference is that most young folk growing up in the west simply wont do such tasks these days.

Britain's young folk have to do manual labour, or any job for that matter, but need to get their expectations in line with the greater European workforce expectations, and indeed the world.

Its understandable, having children growing up in the boom of North Sea induced energy self efficiency, being fed lines such as 'no more boom and bust'. Watching taxi driver accumulate 'property portfolios'. Brainwashed by television shows of actual stupid people getting 'rich'. List goes on.

All falsehoods perpetrated by cheap credit and lax legislation, and 'boundless' energy.

People are just going to have to get used less for more. Man up they say in the forces.

When you are at the top of the ladder there is only one direction you can go, or fall.

Jeepers.

More of your racist nonsense......

Simple question. If it's about work ethic where are the hundreds of thousands of imported german/dutch/austrian workers? These of the continental europeans, are by far with their Teutonic heritage considered to have the highest skill levels and work ethic. So where are they? I see basically nil. Come on, where are the hundreds of thousands of imported germans/dutch/austrian workers?

Or are you just spewing racist bile, and its 100% to do with wage arbitrage based on currency exchange rates?

Edited by alexw

More of your racist nonsense......

Simple question. If it's about work ethic where are the hundreds of thousands of imported german/dutch/austrian workers? These of the continental europeans, are by far with their Teutonic heritage considered to have the highest skill levels and work ethic. So where are they? I see basically nil. Come on, where are the hundreds of thousands of imported germans/dutch/austrian workers?

Or are you just spewing racist bile, and its 100% to do with wage arbitrage based on currency exchange rates?

Your post is idiotic.

Tell me why these folk are both coming here to work and also finding work.

unexp_graphshot30v2_llt.jpg

This place is getting out of hand, meaning the forum.

You bloody xenophobes.

Edited by cashinmattress

Your post is idiotic.

You bloody xenophobes.

Again I will ask if it's about work ethic & skills where are the hundreds of thousands of germans/austrians/dutch?

Please answer the question.

Edited by alexw

Again I will ask if it's about work ethic & skills where are the hundreds of thousands of germans/austrians/dutch?

Please answer the question.

Money dude, and the attitude that comes with those willing to travel across multiple countries to earn 10x their monthly salary here in Britain.

Maybe you should get down to the town centre and yell at all the immigrants now as to how it is making your life so unbearable.

Can you be racist against your own...race/nationality? Are bulgarians and romanians of a difference race? Are you a racist if you criticize your own country? Does that mean I am racist if I say our politicians are rubbish?

I'm confused :)

Can you be racist against your own...race/nationality? Are bulgarians and romanians of a difference race? Are you a racist if you criticize your own country? Does that mean I am racist if I say our politicians are rubbish?

I'm confused :)

I think its called self loathing? Haha.

Your post is idiotic.

You bloody xenophobes.

What an amazing coincidence!!

The home country origin of inward migrants to the UK is inversely proportional to their gross home country wages. Of course there is no link. As we know its because poles have a much much greater work ethic than your typical dutch worker so are preferred by UK employers for this reason. Similarly Estonians are world renowned for a high work ethic, thus staffing companies from all over the world prefer to send their recruiters there, as opposed to the home nation of the lazy, and lets face it "inferior" french.

Money dude, and the attitude that comes with those willing to travel across multiple countries to earn 10x their monthly salary here in Britain.

Maybe you should get down to the town centre and yell at all the immigrants now as to how it is making your life so unbearable.

Then in reality its nothing to do with "work ethic" is it? It's money, money, and more money, and its motivational effect. Why are you blaming UK citizens for not working as hard as someone, who effectively being paid 3x to 5x for the same job?

Lets say I reduced the pay of your job to the UK's minimum wage and then increased the pay of your colleagues to 5x as much, and let it be know this was permanent with no chance of change in the future (also assume it would be extremely difficult for you to find a higher paying employer).

Are you now a lazy, entitlement seeking brit who does not not know the meaning of hard work?

Then in reality its nothing to do with "work ethic" is it? It's money, money, and more money, and its motivational effect. Why are you blaming UK citizens for not working as hard as someone, who effectively being paid 3x to 5x for the same job?

Lets say I reduced the pay of your job to the UK's minimum wage and then increased the pay of your colleagues to 5x as much, and let it be know this was permanent with no chance of change in the future (also assume it would be extremely difficult for you to find a higher paying employer).

Are you now a lazy, entitlement seeking brit who does not not know the meaning of hard work?

Whatever man. People who work hard for sh1tty pay have a good work ethic, whether motivated through Jebus, cash, or wooden club.

This thread proves nothing other than that some UK folk hate the UK labour market.

Whatever man. People who work hard for sh1tty pay have a good work ethic, whether motivated through Jebus, cash, or wooden club.

This thread proves nothing other than that some UK folk hate the UK labour market.

Please answer the points I raised -

Lets say I reduced the pay of your job to the UK's minimum wage and then increased the pay of your colleagues to 5x as much, and let it be know this was permanent with no chance of change in the future (also assume it would be extremely difficult for you to find a higher paying employer). Would you work as hard as your colleagues?

Edited by alexw

Please answer the points I raised.

Save your energy; go ask a Romanian or Bulgarian, or Polish person why they are here working for what you and I would consider crap wages, and stop being so ignorant.

Save your energy; go ask a Romanian or Bulgarian, or Polish person why they are here working for what you and I would consider crap wages, and stop being so ignorant.

Again.

Lets say I reduced the pay of your job to the UK's minimum wage and then increased the pay of your colleagues to 5x as much, and let it be know this was permanent with no chance of change in the future (also assume it would be extremely difficult for you to find a higher paying employer). Would you work as hard as your colleagues?

This is priceless -Nigel Farage being interviewed on Bulgarian TV (shown on C4 news last night) see from 52 seconds on specially:

I don't know about benefits.....can we go to another EU country and claim benefits without paying anything into their system? :unsure:

We can't. It is not a case of just turning up in other countries and get benefits. If we trired that, for example, in France, Italy or Spain we would get laughed out of the office. You can have your UK benefits transfered for 3 months if you are looking for work in another country.

The classic leftie BBC lies that we can get benefits in other EU countries. In France you have to work and pay into the system for atleast 3 years, not 2 years and 11 months, 3 years!

Where are all these mythical Brits leaving the UK and turning up in EU countries getting housed and benefit payments?

We can't. It is not a case of just turning up in other countries and get benefits. If we trired that, for example, in France, Italy or Spain we would get laughed out of the office. You can have your UK benefits transfered for 3 months if you are looking for work in another country.

The classic leftie BBC lies that we can get benefits in other EU countries. In France you have to work and pay into the system for atleast 3 years, not 2 years and 11 months, 3 years!

Where are all these mythical Brits leaving the UK and turning up in EU countries getting housed and benefit payments?

So what does that prove other than the UK is incompetent when it comes to restricting benefits to who is entitled. The rest of the EU does it properly, the UK doesn't = it's all the fault of the EU blah blah blah.

Edit

Just checked and the rules in France are that to be eligible for unemployment benefit requires that you have worked for at least 4 months out of the last 28 months (4 months out of 36 if over 50). Not exactly the same as you are claiming.

Edited by campervanman

350,000 bulgarians and romanians trying to get here?

-don't worrry, there is nothing to worry about, they cannot get here, we have eaten their means of transport...

Edited by debtlessmanc