House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Canada Thwarts Plot To Blow Up U.s.-Canada Rail Line

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/04/22/uk-arrests-cbc-idUKBRE93L0YY20130422

Canadian security forces thwarted a plot to blow up a rail line between Canada and the United States and will announce arrests on Monday afternoon, police and intelligence agencies said.

U.S. security and law enforcement sources also said the suspects had sought to attack the railroad between Toronto and New York City. Canadian media said two men had been arrested after raids in Toronto and Montreal, Canada's two biggest cities.

Canadian police are holding a briefing about a "national security criminal investigation" at 3:30 p.m. ET (8:30 p.m. British time).

The police statement, which gave no details of arrests, said various Canadian security forces had conducted joint operations in the two cities.

And hot on the heals of the Boston bombings.

In the war, resistence fighters blewup trains carrying troops, munitions and supplies.

There was a good reason for doing so.

I cant see what blowing up a train does to further anyones aims in peacetime?

If I was to do a terrist thing...Id aim it at the most populous and devastating target I could think of...

hence the TSA patrols in stadia and shopping malls.

Next, youll need a strip search just to leave your property.

Hope the canuck intel are talking to yank intel. If not probably find the terror cell is actually a couple of CIA/FBI agents. Or mossad.

Not sure if they're talking to the yanks, but the Irish Secret Service reckon it's an inside job and have sent them their surveillance video proving it...

XYY

You murder loads of people and you scare anyone who travels on a train.

Btw, just because you think it is peacetime doesn't mean that everyone else does.

Peacetime? Haven't the US authorities only just recently arrested an 'enemy combatant' on their own soil?

Hope the canuck intel are talking to yank intel. If not probably find the terror cell is actually a couple of CIA/FBI agents. Or mossad.

Unfortunately, this website can be so bonkers these days that it's not obvious whether you're being satirical or not. Maybe folk should add a smiley if they are, or one with a balaclava if they're a conspiroloon? :)

Peacetime? Haven't the US authorities only just recently arrested an 'enemy combatant' on their own soil?

I mention the above because I'm pretty sure that the H-Block protests back in the early 80s were all about terrorists claiming the right to be recognized as enemy combatants and therefore prisoners of war. Something which the British government refused to do on account that it would accord those terrorists a higher status than they merited.

Btw, just because you think it is peacetime doesn't mean that everyone else does.

Agreed. The 2004 Madrid train bombings seem to have been forgotten already. 191 killed and 1800 wounded, although it was only al-Quieda 'inspired', whatever that meant.

One of the responses was to provide id and proof of address to get a SIM for a mobile in Spain.

apparently, the master plans by these master terrists was to derail the train.

Can be done trackside with a lump of concrete...anywhere along the route, by yobs.

really, no wonder we have the monopoly on the knowledge economy stakes....their terrists are fracking stupid.

In the war, resistence fighters blewup trains carrying troops, munitions and supplies.

There was a good reason for doing so.

If I was to do a terrist thing...Id aim it at the most populous and devastating target I could think of...

hence the TSA patrols in stadia and shopping malls.

Next, youll need a strip search just to leave your property.

with the amount of exotic weaponry that is available I would certainly not be considering strapping large amounts of explosives into my undercrackers to cause mayhem.

If I really wanted to cause disruption..it's too obvious. i would have become a human bug-chaser, getting plied with pretty much every contageous disease you can think of,then getting very very cooperative with the full-body and cavity searches of the target authorities(along with being as unhygienic as possible in the lavs of government buildings).....go on have a good prod up there,but I warn you I had a rather potent botulism-laced vindaloo last night.

..wouldn't really want to get covered in that....and might make them think twice and then some if it is their masters trying to use such draconian scare tactics to control people....don't forget the boy who cried wolf.

with the amount of exotic weaponry that is available I would certainly not be considering strapping large amounts of explosives into my undercrackers to cause mayhem.

If I really wanted to cause disruption..it's too obvious. i would have become a human bug-chaser, getting plied with pretty much every contageous disease you can think of,then getting very very cooperative with the full-body and cavity searches of the target authorities(along with being as unhygienic as possible in the lavs of government buildings).....go on have a good prod up there,but I warn you I had a rather potent botulism-laced vindaloo last night.

..wouldn't really want to get covered in that....and might make them think twice and then some if it is their masters trying to use such draconian scare tactics to control people....don't forget the boy who cried wolf.

great ideas seem to start here first.

maybe the Welsh measels epidemic is not what we think it is??

Beware TSA, the welsh are going on holiday to an airport near you this summer.

Guest eight

apparently, the master plans by these master terrists was to derail the train.

Can be done trackside with a lump of concrete...anywhere along the route, by yobs.

really, no wonder we have the monopoly on the knowledge economy stakes....their terrists are fracking stupid.

I'm surprised trains aren't a more popular target to be honest, they're incredibly vulnerable. Probably shows that the terrorist threat isn't really what it's cracked up to be. Even the Boston bomb "only" killed three people. Yet just the other day in the US five people were killed in an "ordinary" shooting.

I think terrorists are too ambitious, too "showy". If you just wanted to kill people and didn't care what happened to you in the cause, I reckon most people could think of ways to account for ten or so of their fellow human beings before circumstances caught up with them. Or is it just me? :o