House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Fruit Wines

Luddenden Valley Wines

on their FB page it says £7.50 a bottle. What licences do you need for selling wine?

Why?

Do you want to start selling wines yourself, or are you thinking of giving someone grief because you suspect they don't have all the necessary paper work?

Why?

Do you want to start selling wines yourself, or are you thinking of giving someone grief because you suspect they don't have all the necessary paper work?

I just wondered how much land I need to grow enough wine to make a living.

It didn't look like a large bit of land they had. Although their 'winery' was pretty impressive.

I've liked all the wines i've made so far.

Do they do sprout wine?

No they're going to be making rhubarb wine which I'm told is very nice.

I know someone who wants to make rhubarb beer.

I have a lot of rhubarb on my plot.

I just wondered how much land I need to grow enough wine to make a living.

It didn't look like a large bit of land they had. Although their 'winery' was pretty impressive.

They might be buying grapes from other wine yards nearby in addition to using their own, or maybe they mix their wine with Italian or Spanish or French wine to achieve a better flavour and greater sweetness...

Help please.....I never had any trouble buying white grape juice 100% concentrate in cartons at the supermarkets/stores, now I find it very hard to find, a couple of places still sell the red grape juice but not white, anyone know who still is selling it? ;)

Help please.....I never had any trouble buying white grape juice 100% concentrate in cartons at the supermarkets/stores, now I find it very hard to find, a couple of places still sell the red grape juice but not white, anyone know who still is selling it? ;)

Aldi.

But they're increasingly taking a smaller shelf space.

Aldi.

But they're increasingly taking a smaller shelf space.

Ta very muchly.......Aldi is quite a distance away, I do pop in from time to time when travelling in that direction, hope they will still have some left on the shelf next time I am in that area. ;)

Ta very muchly.......Aldi is quite a distance away, I do pop in from time to time when travelling in that direction, hope they will still have some left on the shelf next time I am in that area. ;)

We have been when they've had none! Shocking. Although Aldi carpark is chocca busy every time we go now - it used to be just weekends but the place has really took off.

We have been when they've had none! Shocking. Although Aldi carpark is chocca busy every time we go now - it used to be just weekends but the place has really took off.

Morrisons no longer have it, neither do lidl.....not been in waitrose for ages, thought they must have some, no luck every other fruit juice you could think of but no white grape juice...waste of time. ;)

Morrisons no longer have it, neither do lidl.....not been in waitrose for ages, thought they must have some, no luck every other fruit juice you could think of but no white grape juice...waste of time. ;)

So it could be a huge global shortage of red grape juice going on... When is the next season's due?

I've had the same problem. It makes knocking up a batch of Wurzel's Orange Wine a tad tricky.

I've had the same problem. It makes knocking up a batch of Wurzel's Orange Wine a tad tricky.

Yes.....Was very happy with the results using white grape juice, so this time had to made it with red grape juice from lidl, plenty of stock....fair result, but not as good.......I know it was you that bought up the entire stock. :D

You should all read "Home Booze" by H.E.Bravery! I have lost my copy and therefore am uncharacteristically sober! :blink:

Two litres of apple juice, and one of orange (fresh,not from concentrate!) yeast and sugar and wait a few weeks! :huh:

Two litres of apple juice, and one of orange (fresh,not from concentrate!) yeast and sugar and wait a few weeks! :huh:

Dear Mr (scrum)Pin.

You see it's the last bit that I have the problem with.

I mean I just don't think it's fair to make me wait that long.

Will it be any quicker in the microwave...?

Or what if I mix in some instant custard...

Yours,

Impatient of Shotton.

XYY

PS ...scrumping...cider...Mr (scrum)Pin...see wharra did there...!!!

;)

You should all read "Home Booze" by H.E.Bravery! I have lost my copy and therefore am uncharacteristically sober! :blink:

Wurzel's Orange Wine is a close relative