House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hi2u_uk

No Completion No Fee Conveyancing

does anyone know any search engines i can use to find a conveyancory or solictor who will work on the basis that if the sale of the property is not completed then i dont have to pay any fees to them ?

Does anyone have any experience of this type of conveyancing . Is it really what it says ?

does anyone know any search engines i can use to find a conveyancory or solictor who will work on the basis that if the sale of the property is not completed then i dont have to pay any fees to them ?

Does anyone have any experience of this type of conveyancing . Is it really what it says ?

This is a good write up

http://www.fridaysmove.com/property-law-blog/simon-seaton/09/08/2009/sting-tail-fallacy-no-sale-no-fee-conveyancing

Do you really want a solicitor working for you who is incentivised to push through a sale? Or would you want a solicitor who is working with you to inform you about any risks that may change your decision to buy a property?

Choosing the right conveyencor can potentially save you £100k's, don't scrimp and use someone you trust!

Just an update, i used the fridays move website and later discovered that the price the gave me was only the lawyers fees, it did not include disimbursements which ran to another £600 so be very careful when comparing quotations from this website with those of other websites as its not 100% true

The searches can be a quite substantial cost on their own. Several hundred pounds at least.

I used the same no sale/no fee solicitor for two transactions: one failed, one not. They seemed just fine on both occasions. No attempt to coerce me into the transaction. From my research, I go the impression most of them worked on that basis.