House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Si1

Gentlemen - Start Your Engines

Which VIs do you think will trump in the forthcoming 2015 General election? And which parties are selling out to support whom in this respect?

(1) property-holding baby boomers who want tight planning and free SMI to maintain their house value and life of comfort.

(2) chavs who want more of da free benefits money

(3) public sector lifers who again want free money and the good times to roll again

(4) bankers

(5) landed gentry, inherited money etc

(6) A.N. Other

Makes no odds, no nation has ever come back from the level of debt we are now in ever.

Labour will almost certainly win, with Ed Balls at the helm, they will try to "kick start" the economy by borrowing and spending "in the right place" ie benefits and civil servant pensions. The credit rating will fall, QE will be expanded, there will be a run on the pound, inflation will go over 10%, with wage inflation much lower, unemployment will rocket and I doubt if by that time any bailouts will exist any more.

See if you can profit from it , if we're so clever to see into the future.

Anyone want to gather up the life jackets and reserve a lifeboat on the Titanic? Come get your life jackets, roll up, roll up £50 each.

The whole world is tipped in the favour of whelk farmers! :huh:

Which VIs do you think will trump in the forthcoming 2015 General election? And which parties are selling out to support whom in this respect?

(1) property-holding baby boomers who want tight planning and free SMI to maintain their house value and life of comfort.

(3) public sector lifers who again want free money and the good times to roll again

(4) bankers

(6) A.N. Other

(7) Science, technology, high precision engineering, industry and enterprise.

Ha ha, sorry! Who am I kidding - rent seeking as usual.

Prime minister Ed Miliband. :lol:

Lets just hope his body matures and he stops looking like a vitamin deficient student by then.

Cameron should just shoot himself if he looses to Miliband. No man should live with that shame.

Lets just hope his body matures and he stops looking like a vitamin deficient student by then.

Cameron should just shoot himself if he looses to Miliband. No man should live with that shame.

Politicians don't know what the word shame means.

Makes no odds, no nation has ever come back from the level of debt we are now in ever.

Labour will almost certainly win, with Ed Balls at the helm, they will try to "kick start" the economy by borrowing and spending "in the right place" ie benefits and civil servant pensions. The credit rating will fall, QE will be expanded, there will be a run on the pound, inflation will go over 10%, with wage inflation much lower, unemployment will rocket and I doubt if by that time any bailouts will exist any more.

..........and my money will not be in Sterling.

Cameron should just shoot himself.

thats better.

(4) bankers

(6) A.N. Other

With any luck it will be independent thinkers who dont go in for stereotypes. That seems to rule out all of your options. There is a huge vested interest at play that doesnt appear on your list and that can only be ignored at your peril. Can you think who it might be?

Muggers

Cameron has an ace up his sleeve though- he has his own central banker.

Carney's role is to engineer a nice little boomlet- and house price rise- just before the election- so the Tories may yet sweep to victory amid cheering crowds singing 'Happy days are here again'.

At least these are the pleasant daydreams that pass as economic policy these days.

It used to be that economic policy was tweaked to match the electoral cycle- but these days policy is led by that cycle- with the national interest falling a long way behind.

OP - I don't think we should be too harsh on all pensioners.

My parents bought their house in London in the late 1960s - when the City's population was 8 million. Their house is now worth 70 times what they paid for it - and London's population is once again up to 8 million. They find the price their two up two down house is now worth comical - but its their home! Yes - my father has a modest final salary pension - but he did work for 40 years (often getting up at 5am to go to work).

Apparently - despite more housing having been built since the 1960s - this is all due to 'supply and demand'. Lets blame the system - not the people!

Cameron has an ace up his sleeve though- he has his own central banker.

Carney's role is to engineer a nice little boomlet- and house price rise- just before the election- so the Tories may yet sweep to victory amid cheering crowds singing 'Happy days are here again'.

At least these are the pleasant daydreams that pass as economic policy these days.

It used to be that economic policy was tweaked to match the electoral cycle- but these days policy is led by that cycle- with the national interest falling a long way behind.

Hello Mr Wpup,

You are an experienced poster and I am but a Newbie. Nevertheless, can I ask you to explain how you know what Mr Carney's role is? I dont ask this to embarass you in any way. Perhaps, after all, what you state it is only an opinion. But I do think that such an influencial poster as yourself should at least let the rest of us know the source of your information; dont you?

I'll bite. Mr Carney is a man in a suit, who can speak and spread confidence. Confidence, that is what money, credit, and capital are all about.

^One can benefit from the excitement and feel of this thread by looking at this;Start your engines go straight to 3.00 minutes.

Edited by Notanewmember2

..........and my money will not be in Sterling.

My mortgage is in Sterling. As long as the pound collapses faster than the jobs market, I'm fine. Probably.