House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DoINeedOne

Kidbrooke Village

So was driving to me mums when i thought i would go another way to pass the old ferrier estate as i remember years ago they where talking about pulling it all down and building a new village there

2521015799_47e4723e07_z.jpg?zz=1

So they have looks quite nice

7791274094_4b679b358d_z.jpg

Which made me wonder what crazy prices are they selling these small apartments for maybe £200,000 - £300,000

NO 3 bed apparment with your kitchen in the front room just between £450,000 - £490,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-37951258.html?premiumA=true

2 Bedroom around £435,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-38241286.html?premiumA=true

Seriously who the hell is paying these prices

EAs descriptions always amuse me

They are asking over 400k and cite 'Siemens kitchen appliances' as if they are a symbol of something aspirational.

'Look darling, its got Siemens kitchen appliances'

Not to mention the work surfaces made from glued together dust

Edited by LiveinHope

Russian Oligarchs will be in-line to buy this up, eh? :huh:

It looks like Eisenhuttenstadt! :blink:

These do seem a little overpriced - like the whole development.

I did a quick search on Rightmove and found a 3 bed house with parking and a garden in the same area - for £10,000 less than the price of a studio flat at Kidbrooke village.

Why would you pay £10,000 more for a studio flat than a 3 bed house if you wanted to live in this area?

I did a quick search on Rightmove and found a 3 bed house with parking and a garden in the same area - for £10,000 less than the price of a studio flat at Kidbrooke village.

Why would you pay £10,000 more for a studio flat than a 3 bed house if you wanted to live in this area?

At that price in that area it will be on a council estate.

Seriously who the hell is paying these prices

Nobody. They are being financed at both ends by the banks; being put on the books to create more debt/money.

...so they can gamble with and make their bonuses.

EAs descriptions always amuse me

They are asking over 400k and cite 'Siemens kitchen appliances' as if they are a symbol of something aspirational.

'Look darling, its got Siemens kitchen appliances'

Not to mention the work surfaces made from glued together dust

Can you compliment the Siemens appliances with a nice Smeg fridge?

Seriously though, a few quid spent on any down-at-heel neighbourhood can work wonders.

They will be selling many (the majority?) to SE Asian investors. The launches and sales are ongoing in places such as Hong Kong. They will then be let out. Many of the other will be to domestic buy to letters. Not many will be lived in by the owners.