House Price Crash Forum

Complained To My Mp About Rtb & Fls!

HOLA441

Just sent this to my MP...

This is the first time I have written to my MP. I have felt so outraged by the Funding for Lending, Right to Buy and other schemes put in place to prop up the housing market that I simply had to share my views, for what it is worth.

As a first time buyer who got married last year, I have been wanting to purchase my first property to plan for a future family.

It is with constant disgust that I see taxpayers money pumped into these schemes, which only go ultimately to serve the banks by and providing them low cost access to funding and enhancing their margins. If left to its own devices, the property market will correct and once fair value is found, transactions will increase, FTBs can purchase without taxpayer assistance and a more stable future is created for us all. Instead what is happening is our taxpayer money is continually being wasted on schemes to artificially create demand at the current inflated house prices by increasing affordability through low interest rates, rather than through fair value prices. This of course ties ignorant first time buyers into significant amounts of debt, and at a time of record low interest rates, when most can’t imagine they can increase. What happens when they do increase and all those new purchasers start struggling again – more forbearance? Bailouts?

The government pushing for forbearance (http://www.moneymark...1061253.article) is another example of this ridiculous situation, again, preventing a free market and prices correcting to where they naturally should sit, which will benefit us all for the future.

The current situation of rewarding the foolhardy and the banks yet destroying the prudent, using tax payer money to keep assets artificially high and encouraging FTBs into significant debt rather than letting the market correct is morally wrong, benefitting the bankers and storing up more problems for this country for years to come.

I wanted to make my views known, and will not vote for a party that supports this view.

And even got an initial reply...

Thank you for your email. I will reply in more detail by letter of you let us have your postal address.

However in short I cannot disagree with you. I have friends who are experts in property who have expressed the same view to me in recent months.

It was inpart a property fuelled borrowing spree that got us into the mess that we now need to correct.

HOLA442

Just sent this to my MP...

This is the first time I have written to my MP. I have felt so outraged by the Funding for Lending, Right to Buy and other schemes put in place to prop up the housing market that I simply had to share my views, for what it is worth.

As a first time buyer who got married last year, I have been wanting to purchase my first property to plan for a future family.

It is with constant disgust that I see taxpayers money pumped into these schemes, which only go ultimately to serve the banks by and providing them low cost access to funding and enhancing their margins. If left to its own devices, the property market will correct and once fair value is found, transactions will increase, FTBs can purchase without taxpayer assistance and a more stable future is created for us all. Instead what is happening is our taxpayer money is continually being wasted on schemes to artificially create demand at the current inflated house prices by increasing affordability through low interest rates, rather than through fair value prices. This of course ties ignorant first time buyers into significant amounts of debt, and at a time of record low interest rates, when most can’t imagine they can increase. What happens when they do increase and all those new purchasers start struggling again – more forbearance? Bailouts?

The government pushing for forbearance (http://www.moneymark...1061253.article) is another example of this ridiculous situation, again, preventing a free market and prices correcting to where they naturally should sit, which will benefit us all for the future.

The current situation of rewarding the foolhardy and the banks yet destroying the prudent, using tax payer money to keep assets artificially high and encouraging FTBs into significant debt rather than letting the market correct is morally wrong, benefitting the bankers and storing up more problems for this country for years to come.

I wanted to make my views known, and will not vote for a party that supports this view.

Thank you for your email. I will reply in more detail by letter of you let us have your postal address.

However in short I cannot disagree with you. I have friends who are experts in property who have expressed the same view to me in recent months.

It was inpart a property fuelled borrowing spree that got us into the mess that we now need to correct.

An MP with common sense and the ability to connect recent memories to disastrous policies? How on earth did he slip through the brain-wipe program??

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

The thing with all these MPs they know what should be happening but are at loss as to let it happen.....once they become more powerful they fall into the hands of the powers that keep them.

Once they slip out of power they are all on your side until the tables turn. ;)

HOLA446
HOLA447

The thing with all these MPs they know what should be happening but are at loss as to let it happen.....once they become more powerful they fall into the hands of the powers that keep them.

Once they slip out of power they are all on your side until the tables turn. ;)

You are a very cynical panther ;)

HOLA448

I'm sure all the parties' MPs consist of >95% brainwashed careerists and <5% people with actual ideas about how to run the country better. Just curious really.

Surely there must be some good ones, among our elected elite! Ones that don't get caught "bog-hopping" with strangers, and fiddling the accounts? :blink:

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Oooohhhhh. WHAT A SURPRISE!!!

A politician who says I agree.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

+1

Let's see if they've got the gonads to vote in line with their "beliefs".

Yup, can you name him/her then we can go check how he/she voted etc.

Odds on that they are saying one thing to you while actually doing the other.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

i see on the box teletext type thing on freeview that osborne is promising to extend the fls.

this has got to stop. let people pay the going rate...at least ithe nflation rate to borrow.

is really does appear they will stop at nothing to keep the ponzi going.

Yes I saw that, couldn't believe the timing with my MP email earlier! It's so disheartening. All I can suggest is at least email your MP or generate other feedback / PR - what they are interested in is votes. The more anger against the policies is demonstrated, the more likely they are to change.

HOLA4418

Yes I saw that, couldn't believe the timing with my MP email earlier! It's so disheartening. All I can suggest is at least email your MP or generate other feedback / PR - what they are interested in is votes. The more anger against the policies is demonstrated, the more likely they are to change.

It can't hurt, but I wonder if campaigning in/with the mainstream press might be more effective? When the likes of Ian Cowie robustly rubbish schemes like "help-to-buy" he's more likely than you or I to get heard by TPTB.

HOLA4419

It can't hurt, but I wonder if campaigning in/with the mainstream press might be more effective? When the likes of Ian Cowie robustly rubbish schemes like "help-to-buy" he's more likely than you or I to get heard by TPTB.

Yes absolutely. Sure the "priced out" group would welcome any help.

I thought of it from the point of view that at least if my MP knows, it may help him raise a voter's opinion when the time comes if he hears that opinion spoken enough. Anything any of us can do to raise awareness on a wider scale I think would be worth it

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
All I can suggest is at least email your MP or generate other feedback / PR - what they are interested in is votes. The more anger against the policies is demonstrated, the more likely they are to change.

This.

The reason the planning system is so fracked is that anytime someone want to build something 100 write in to object.

When that's refused the other 100 people that wanted somewhere decent to live don't write on to complain

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

i contacted my mp after the last election to ask him to do something about the low interest rates and systematic pillaging of the savers.

all i got back was some arsey reply about being busy helping people with real problems...old people who needed help...people on benefits.

he came across a real pr*ck...toeing the party line.

he was down right rude to be honest.

his party....TORY. i voted for the pr*ck! never again. what idiots we must be to continually believe the s**t they say every 5 years.

time to vote for a real change.

sick of being lied to...sick of being taxed into the ground...sick of Europe...sick of our futures being given to the bankers to save their necks.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4424

Morally I agree with the op.

How ever Osborne and his lunatics get my vote and this is why.

Imagine in 2013 no extra debt is taken on. A trillion of debt at the start of the year a trillion of debt at the end of the year. So M4 remains the same. That would be good wouldn't it?

normalcurve.jpg

If you plotted the profits of all the businesses on a graph I believe they would look like the graph above with half of the business making a profit and half making a loss.

The thought of half the businesses making a loss is a frightening one. We need increasing amounts of debt to fund profits so the bell graph will move to the right so say 90% of businesses are profitable.

This would explain the governments mad plans to increase debt at all cost.

HOLA4425