House Price Crash Forum
man o' the year

Respossessions In Wales

Met someone who clears houses following repossessions by banks.

He explained how busy his company are - 8 vans doing 3 each per day.

Some of his stories were quite revealing. He arrives with bailiff and changes locks and occupants, if still there, have to leave immediately.

They have 14 days to return for possessions by appointment with estate agent who holds keys but they then attend and house sit while previous occupants are allowed in to remove anything but in 90% of cases they just clear house.

Full range from antiques and jewellery to excrement up walls. Even found cannabis farms in attics and often drugs paraphernalia.

Strange how we used to hear about so many repossessions each month but no longer do. Clearly still happening.

Some of his stories were quite revealing. He arrives with bailiff and changes locks and occupants, if still there, have to leave immediately.

They have 14 days to return for possessions by appointment with estate agent who holds keys but they then attend and house sit while previous occupants are allowed in to remove anything but in 90% of cases they just clear house.

Full range from antiques and jewellery to excrement up walls. Even found cannabis farms in attics and often drugs paraphernalia.

Strange how we used to hear about so many repossessions each month but no longer do. Clearly still happening.

Is this leading to a HPC in Wales?

Indeed, this used to make the news. You don't think there is some kind of VI agenda in the media do you? ;)

HML predicts that 33,000 properties will be repossessed during 2013

· The CML said there were 33,900 repossessions in 2012, meaning HML’s prediction for 2013 is approximately 2.7% lower than the number of properties repossessed last year

· Northern Ireland will have the highest repossession rate at 1.29% during the year, while the South West will have the lowest at 0.18%

· Northern Ireland will have more properties repossessed than any other region (4,073), while the North will have the lowest number of repossessed properties during 2013 (1,442)

http://www.hml.co.uk/news/2013/02/22/2013-regional-repossession-forecast-2-7-fall-in-repossessions-from-2012

I may as well be the first to ask the obvious question to anybody who has a modicum of knowledge about the country.......Where in Wales? The answer might give us a clue as to what factors are influencing these repossessions.

I may as well be the first to ask the obvious question to anybody who has a modicum of knowledge about the country.......Where in Wales? The answer might give us a clue as to what factors are influencing these repossessions.

Looking at this map, it looks like the valleys plus Bridgend, Port Talbot, Neath and Swansea.

Is this leading to a HPC in Wales?

Prices definitely drifting downwards in the North. The market is small, slow - and has plenty of kite flyers but it's all good. And I say that as someone who bought up here last year. :)

I saw a couple of repos - they represented OK rather than outstanding value for money and were surprisingly not very negotiable.

Edited by StainlessSteelCat

My parents live on a large HA estate in the Bridgend. One of their neighbours been repo-ed - typical story liked a drink, couldn't hold down a job, on bennies but obviously not the wherewithall to keep plates spinning forever.

Another is a house that is a BTL for a wannabe developer. He bought it off his mum. Counting down to that being repo-ed too. Tenants left, mortgage not being paid even when they were paying rent. Likelihood during a void? Answers on a postcard.

No wonder the area has gone down over the last 30 years.

If I put excrement on my walls, will it sell? :blink:

Looking at this map, it looks like the valleys plus Bridgend, Port Talbot, Neath and Swansea.

Exactly where my contact was working doing repossessions, although previous to recent boom they had covered a much larger area.