House Price Crash Forum

Invensys

Killer Bunny

HOLA441

This multi billion company has been through the mill and was until recently losing cash hand over fist.

It has twice reached a low of 10p and last September Standard Life bought 150m shares (5 x daily average vol) at 13.25p.

On Thursday with the announcement of results 315m shares were traded - 12 x daily average vol and the price rose from 13 to 14.75.

Yesterday 80m shrs were traded and it ended at 15p.

The 200 day has levelled off and the 50 day is still slightly downwards but I think in a couple of days the MA will level too.

Also the MACD and RSI indicaters were v v positive these last 2 days.

If the 50 crosses the 200, I reckon we're off to the races.

Tell me why not.

B)

FP

Edited by Financial Planner

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

A couple of quickies;

1. They are still holding a heeeeeuuuggge amount of debt from what I can see.

2. I used to work for their competition - Siemens - and business conditions are really tough. Siemens just posted a 90% drop on their Q3 profits, having been dragged down by varous sections of their business.

3. From my Siemens experience, you're talking really long lead times from turning sales prospects into revenue.

4. Will they be feeling the squeeze from high oil prices?

5. I don't have a great deal of faith in Standard Life.

Then again, I have a habit of being too cautous on some stocks. From a technical point of view, I agree it seems to be the bottom. Could well be worth a punt but I definitely advise a stop-loss on this baby.

Good luck, I will look into it again tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Now 19

This stock is up 27% since 12 November, as I thought it would.

I expect it to have a problem around its previous peak of 21 ish

If it dives through we're definatelt off to the races

If it comes back to around 16/18 then that'll be a great time to bulk up.

Any comments, help?

HOLA447

Still some heavy volume on the way up. Can you start trailing a stop loss? Are you actually buying the shares or are you trading futures/betting/CFD's?

No promises but I think the market is looking strong, signs of accumulation left, right and centre (IMO) so I'm holding for the time being. Personally, if had had a 27% increase, I would trail a stop loss and see if they breached 21p. Could it be a good one to hold onto in case someone bids for them.

A few thoughts;

How heavy is the profit taking?

Do you think the rally is getting exhausted?

Are you prepared if/when the drop back to their support level (even if only temporary)?

Are there better opportunities?

and finally,

Can you cope psychologically? Seriously! Dithering on profit taking can be exhausting mentally. If you're anxious with the position, ditch it and move on, the market will always have another opportunity.

HOLA448

Still some heavy volume on the way up. Can you start trailing a stop loss? Are you actually buying the shares or are you trading futures/betting/CFD's?

Huge volume comparatively - huge certainly yesterday

CFD

Ave purch price 15

No promises but I think the market is looking strong, signs of accumulation left, right and centre (IMO) so I'm holding for the time being. Personally, if had had a 27% increase, I would trail a stop loss and see if they breached 21p. Could it be a good one to hold onto in case someone bids for them.

Bid is a possibility but I think it'll be alone for a year or two.

How heavy is the profit taking?

Do you think the rally is getting exhausted?

Are you prepared if/when the drop back to their support level (even if only temporary)?

Are there better opportunities?

Can you cope psychologically? Seriously! Dithering on profit taking can be exhausting mentally. If you're anxious with the position, ditch it and move on, the market will always have another opportunity.

No idea, probably increasing as it approaches 1 yr peak

Yes but it'll be a classic 5 wave rise with mini 3's down in the middle

Absolutely

No idea - but I'm currently sticking with what I 'know'

I'm thinking 35-40p is easily achievable just to bring it back to LT. I have a belief that 65 or even 115 is achievable.

We'll see

Thanks for working on this with me.

As the the farmer said its lonely to plough your own furrow.

Are you in?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I'm keeping an open mind on it at the moment and will see what they do when/if they reach 20-21p. I think they could drop to their support at about 17p in the meantime. Heavy volume selling when they hit 19.5p. Here's a link courtesy of TMF;

ISYS

Thanks. I use http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=ISYS.L

you can get most stocks there as well as indices

the volume selling was ST profit taking. As I said, a few weeks ago, the LT price will be set by LT holders eg Standard Life.

Just like houses, ST speculators set the ST price. LT prices are not set by speculators.

Financial Planner

I believe options are available on Invensys through LIFFE. You might be able to buy some for some geared growth or sell a covered call to lock in some profit and reduce your risk.

Thanks. I gear thru' CFD.

I'm not interested in locking in. I'll stop loss if it goes below 12.5. I have no problem with ST price down there, its just a paper loss if it goes there. I feel sure the fundamentals are in place for a 5 wave bull run.

The low of 10.5 was the final clear out of soft bulls.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.

We'll see.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Good luck. I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Interesting reading your last post though because it actually that we are probably looking at this from two completely different angles! I mainly trade on a ST basis, a month is a long time for me!

A month! wow!

I 1st started buying these guys in October................2004!

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4414

Now 19

This stock is up 27% since 12 November, as I thought it would.

I expect it to have a problem around its previous peak of 21 ish

If it dives through we're definatelt off to the races

If it comes back to around 16/18 then that'll be a great time to bulk up.

Any comments, help?

It went down to 16.75 over the last couple of weeks and guess what its straight back to 18.5 in 3 days.

HOLA4415

It went down to 16.75 over the last couple of weeks and guess what its straight back to 18.5 in 3 days.

Yeah, bounced right off my 20 period EMA. Good sign IMO, especially with the US signalling the end to rate hikes and CPI being tame.

Could be slated for this later, but it may be stacking up for a good time to buy stocks.

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Storming this week - about to go through year's high.

Through this year's high (now 22.25p) and heading towards 26p in my view.

Probably slow down and mini reverse at that point. If doesn't come back too much (which I would expect) it'll go to 35 - 40p.

Could go straight through to the higher level - some 60+ % higher than now.

Timescale - I would have thought certainly this year.

Lowpoint over the last year is 10p.

HOLA4418

A couple of quickies;

1. They are still holding a heeeeeuuuggge amount of debt from what I can see.

2. I used to work for their competition - Siemens - and business conditions are really tough. Siemens just posted a 90% drop on their Q3 profits, having been dragged down by varous sections of their business.

3. From my Siemens experience, you're talking really long lead times from turning sales prospects into revenue.

4. Will they be feeling the squeeze from high oil prices?

5. I don't have a great deal of faith in Standard Life.

Then again, I have a habit of being too cautous on some stocks. From a technical point of view, I agree it seems to be the bottom. Could well be worth a punt but I definitely advise a stop-loss on this baby.

Good luck, I will look into it again tomorrow.

What siemens department post a drop of90% in it's Q3 profits?

• 2 months later...
HOLA4419

Last November I mused about this stock and a bit of a thread began.

Well, when I started it was 15p. Its now 24p, having risen 4p in the last week or so. :D

Anyone else do well out of it so far?

I stand by my earlier forecasts and, if anything, I'm even more bullish.

FP

HOLA4420

Well, when I started it was 15p. Its now 24p, having risen 4p in the last week or so. :D

FP

Looks like they would've been one hell of a short back in mid 2000!!

FP - what makes you think their price will rise? Any good news on the front?

HOLA4421

Looks like they would've been one hell of a short back in mid 2000!!

FP - what makes you think their price will rise? Any good news on the front?

Loads

As the FT said early this year -' this company can be viewed as normal now' as opposed to sh1t when it fell like a stone and was haemmoraging money by the barrel full.

I do not do share investments professionally. This is just based on prof investor's hearsay and following it closely since 10/04

DYOR

fp

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

FP

Yeah, I did quite well but have now taken profits and sold 75% of my stake.

I think the recent rise was on announcements that the pension black hole will be paid down, but I'm not confident it will maintain the current higher value.

HOLA4424

I think the recent rise was on announcements that the pension black hole will be paid down, but I'm not confident it will maintain the current higher value.

Well done on the profit.

There does appear to be a lot of interest in the stock.

• 1 month later...
HOLA4425