House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Kent Tweet Row Girl Interviewed By Police - Yes By Special Branch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22231653

The former Kent youth police and crime commissioner has been interviewed under caution by a Special Branch officer over comments she made on Twitter.

Paris Brown, 17, who quit the £15,000-a-year post on 9 April, is being investigated over tweets which could be considered racist and homophobic.

Her lawyers have complained to Kent Chief Constable Ian Learmonth that the investigation is "disproportionate".

Kent Police said it disagreed with that interpretation of the investigation.

So is special branch going to handle all other cases like this in future?

Certainly out of all proportion to go after a private individual.

But a public figure with particular responsibility for youth and police? One might well ask how that happened. She may have done the right thing by resigning, but what about her would-be boss?

Phobia.....irrational fear or anxiety.

homophobia...entirely made up by the Race Relations zealots.

Well not entirely. Homophobia does exist. It's probably what drove the London nail-bomber for example, but what gets called homophobia is nothing of the sort.

I feel so sorry for that girl. If Twitter had been about when I was 15 I'd look like a right ***** these days. In fact, due to social media, it rather looks like we are heading for a time where nobody will be fit for any job of any sort, anywhere.

Her problem seems to be she isn't Diane Abbott. As a child, she should know better. Adults like Diane Abbott we can forgive.

:lol::lol:

So if you have a fear or anxiety of you know what then the SB will be after you. :rolleyes:

I feel so sorry for that girl. If Twitter had been about when I was 15 I'd look like a right ***** these days. In fact, due to social media, it rather looks like we are heading for a time where nobody will be fit for any job of any sort, anywhere.

It's a good point oft made. If t'internet had been around when we were all 15 or people in power were 15 I wonder what tweets or photos we could have dug up today. Having said all that... t'internet isn't THAT new and this is probably the second generation using it now so they should have learned something from the mistakes of the first Internet generation.

It's a good point oft made. If t'internet had been around when we were all 15 or people in power were 15 I wonder what tweets or photos we could have dug up today. Having said all that... t'internet isn't THAT new and this is probably the second generation using it now so they should have learned something from the mistakes of the first Internet generation.

Naw, do you remember how naive you were at 15? 20?! The internet and social media might actually be the nail in the coffin of PC and hatespeech ********, as the kids of the pollies start to get smashed by it too.