House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JimDiGritz

Wetherby

A bit of a longshot, but might need to relocate to this area. We love the town centre but haven't had much of a chance to see the surroundings.

Any decent but not overpriced areas? Specifically near good Primary school(s)?

Cheers

Collingham and Linton are some of the most expensive but very nice areas. Always liked Collingham.

Linton Lane is worth a look, if only to see how the other half live.

Sorry, can't be more helpful. Be sure to look at stats though. Because some very nice looking villages (Boston Spa) do have some pretty bad results I believe). Bramham is very nice too - again don't know about schools.

Tockwith is a bit further out from Wetherby (about 5 miles I believe) and I think that is reasonably well priced). It was being depressed by the threat of an incinerator being located there but that has just been lifted.

I've had my eyes on Boroughbridge on and off - nice little town and decently priced for the area. Again near some beautiful villages. Like Aldborough. Take a look if nothing else. Very, very expensive there though.

Keep us posted.

EDIT: I've no idea what you are looking for in term of pric ebracket, but this is a very nice little estate. Wetherby is not very big, and there are junior schools in town. Or you could bus them to local largish villages that still have one.

15odtvt.jpg

Thanks for the advice, I'm up this weekend for a drive around with the family and will try to hit the areas you mentioned.