House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
classixuk

This Is A Warning For Any Hpcers Using Network Cameras As Cctv Etc

OK, this has nothing to do with house prices but I've posted this in the main discussion area as I wanted to warn as many fellow HPCers as possible who are using network cameras made by either Panasonic or Axis to check their security settings URGENTLY!

The reason?

Type the following into google:

inurl:"ViewerFrame?Mode="

and you'll see thousands of individuals and businesses who haven't!

I don't just mean links either, I mean you'll actually get to see wherever their CCTV is pointing AND control the camera (i.e. move it left, right, zoom, have a look around etc). I've just clicked on one of the results and it was some guy asleep in his bedroom!! Switched to camera 2 and there was his livingroom with all his lovely electronics! Weird!!

If you have network cameras made by Panasonic or Axis installed either at home or at work, you'd best check you've set them up securely!

OK, this has nothing to do with house prices but I've posted this in the main discussion area as I wanted to warn as many fellow HPCers as possible who are using network cameras made by either Panasonic or Axis to check their security settings URGENTLY!

The reason?

Type the following into google:

inurl:"ViewerFrame?Mode="

and you'll see thousands of individuals and businesses who haven't!

I don't just mean links either, I mean you'll actually get to see wherever their CCTV is pointing AND control the camera (i.e. move it left, right, zoom, have a look around etc). I've just clicked on one of the results and it was some guy asleep in his bedroom!! Switched to camera 2 and there was his livingroom with all his lovely electronics! Weird!!

If you have network cameras made by Panasonic or Axis installed either at home or at work, you'd best check you've set them up securely!

Cool! B)

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Having spent 20 years in the security industry before retirement running a company, it never ceases to amaze me how blind people are to their own security. Just individuals, no, many companies as well.

Guest boredwaiting

Cant see anything :blink:

The controls are ther but no piccys.

D

you need to install activeX

Edited by boredwaiting

anyone found any good cameras yet??

I want to release the voyeur inside myself!!

Japanese girl blowing dry a dog sounds good :rolleyes:

Oh no......not 'the japanese girl blowing a dog dry again'!!

I wish they'd put some fresh material up :D

I was playing around with this last christmas, excellent fun. This one is a recording studio, it's black at the moment though.

http://mail.mixthis.com:8080/ViewerFrame?Mode=Refresh

You can rename the camera locations on some of them, the one COAB found is a good example. :ph34r:

Try :

http://johnny.ihackstuff.com/index.php?mod...at&reviewsel=18

You can control printers , camera's and loads of other stuff .

:blink: There was me feeling all concerned for my fellow HPCers :blink:

You lot were off at the earliest opportunity looking to see what you could find! :o

What is this HPC? "Hack Personal Computers.co.uk" :ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol: