House Price Crash Forum

handy for nipping down for cheap supplies as most of your london wage going on the £2k+ monthly mortgage repayments... :blink:

Edited by motch

handy for nipping down for cheap supplies as most of your london wage going on the £2k+ monthly mortgage repayments... :blink:

Who are you kidding, that is a BTL'ers wet dream! You'd easily get two couples sharing at £1000 per room.

Who are you kidding, that is a BTL'ers wet dream! You'd easily get two couples sharing at £1000 per room.

I wouldn't be so sure, the bedrooms are only 15 square metres each, which is pretty small for a couple to be living out of. I'm sure there's a price at which people would put up with it, but I don't think it's £1k per room even in London.

Could you even fit a double bed in bedroom 2? It doesn't appear to be rectangular.

d4c505a829110e3fdde41ff06e5ba506bd3708ab.png

Edited by Dorkins

If you own property in London (even a broom cupboard in a crappy area) do supermodels throw themselves at you?

Its the only explanation i can think of.

Is a flat over a Poundland in East London what passes for "Prime Location" these days?

I wouldn't be so sure, the bedrooms are only 15 square metres each, which is pretty small for a couple to be living out of. I'm sure there's a price at which people would put up with it, but I don't think it's £1k per room even in London.

Could you even fit a double bed in bedroom 2? It doesn't appear to be rectangular.

You could put a couple of tents on the deck though.

d4c505a829110e3fdde41ff06e5ba506bd3708ab.png

Of course you can, a double bed is on 1.9m long. I'm surprised they haven't considered partitioning up the lounge from the kitchen to create a 3rd bedroom, they'd be able to get another £50k if they did that! Ker-ching!

I wouldn't be surprised if the roof terrace ended up being 'non-demised' though...

To be fair though Hoxton isn't a bad location, and is definitely more 'faux edgy trendy' than 'going to kill you edgy' these days, plus it is walk-able to the city and silicon roundabout

Of course you can, a double bed is on 1.9m long. I'm surprised they haven't considered partitioning up the lounge from the kitchen to create a 3rd bedroom, they'd be able to get another £50k if they did that! Ker-ching!

I wouldn't be surprised if the roof terrace ended up being 'non-demised' though...

To be fair though Hoxton isn't a bad location, and is definitely more 'faux edgy trendy' than 'going to kill you edgy' these days, plus it is walk-able to the city and silicon roundabout

I wouldn't be too sure about that, there's still plenty of council estates surrounding it filled with the so called underclass, the economic situation only has to deteriorate a little for that to come into play.

You could halve all of the rooms and double the value to a cool 1 million! I can see how prices in London are crazy now, the people living there clearly are too :P