House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Uk Unemployment Up, Pound Falters

Excellent, I rejoice at the thoughts of parity with the Euro, after all what does the UK offer that the Euro area doesn't?

There is feck all in it.

Before the usual suspects drag on about how one interest rate for all of the Euro countries will never work then take a look at the UK. The UK's interest rates are indirectly tied to Europe's, and that's why thet are near Zero. All rpinting has offered the UK is to 'extend and pretend' and prop up insolvent households, no reforms have taken place.

If you ask me then the UK would be better off in the Euro, at least then you would get your HPC.

70,000 more people get a chance to stay at home and watch Thatcher's funeral. Seems Tories worship her so much that they are trying their best to recreate the 80s.

How many of those jobs are in the financial or political sectors?

Excellent, I rejoice at the thoughts of parity with the Euro, after all what does the UK offer that the Euro area doesn't?

There is feck all in it.

Before the usual suspects drag on about how one interest rate for all of the Euro countries will never work then take a look at the UK. The UK's interest rates are indirectly tied to Europe's, and that's why thet are near Zero. All rpinting has offered the UK is to 'extend and pretend' and prop up insolvent households, no reforms have taken place.

If you ask me then the UK would be better off in the Euro, at least then you would get your HPC.

There's no way that the UK would be allowed into the Euro without the ECB committing to printing money too. On top of an even less accountable government this is not really something I would be rejoicing.

Edited by GradualCringe

Giving up control of your own currency to a cabal of foreign banksters is about the dumbest thing that a state could do. At least national central banks are nominally accountable to the state.

Do you have time after all your conversations with EAs?

;)

No, probably not - I was just about to pop out to one of the EAs. I can't begin to tell you how asking prices are increasing in my area. Parabolic.

The unemployment numbers are all the coalition has to show for their policies. If that takes a turn for the worse, then they've got nothing to run on going into the next election *.

* of course, one of their biggest economic policy 'triumphs' is propping up the property market, but I doubt they can be so open about that.

The unemployment numbers are all the coalition has to show for their policies. If that takes a turn for the worse, then they've got nothing to run on going into the next election *.

* of course, one of their biggest economic policy 'triumphs' is propping up the property market, but I doubt they can be so open about that.

I suspect the forthcoming firesale/giveaway of Lloyds and RBS will form the centrepiece of the Tory's general election pitch in 2015. Gordon Brown nationalised them, we've privatised them again. There is no alternative etc.