House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEATH

Bog Roll

I usually buy whatever main brand is on special offer. I have bought stuff in pound places but it is so thin I end up using

twice as much of it. Anyone buy at aldi or other cheapo places?

I have noticed women wont buy cheap stuff, my mother keeps buying M&S stuff with pictures of flowers on etc.

I know it's a crap thread but over £200+ goes down the toilet (puns intended!) each year on this stuff.

I've not found a cheapo I'm happy with so buy the posher stuff in big bags when it's on offer.

At college we had shiny on one side hard bog paper which I thought had gone out in the 1950s. You can still buy it but not at the main supermarkets any more it seems:

000070.jpg

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/sainsburys-price-comparison/tissues_and_toilet_rolls/izal_medicated_strong_toilet_tissue.html

I buy whatever's cheapest (factoring in sheets/£). Which for a long time has been ASDA Smartprice (but buy the two packs - the four packs are twice as much per sheet).

However, this is not posh enough for Mrs JTB's refined **** and she buys multi-layered, padded, flowery stuff made of the finest linen (judging by the price).

So we have two bog roll lockers at my place; his and hers.

The hard shiny stuff brings back bad memories. Schools had it. Was it designed that way so nobody would nick it I wonder.

The hard shiny stuff brings back bad memories. Schools had it. Was it designed that way so nobody would nick it I wonder.

Or use it. Certainly we all knew which were the nearest faculty libraries with soft toilet paper in. The college probably never needed to replace it and saved loads of money as a consequence.

While we're on the subject does anybody have or even use a bidet?

These were the coming thing in the 70s and 80s but it's many years since I've even seen one.

While we're on the subject does anybody have or even use a bidet?

These were the coming thing in the 70s and 80s but it's many years since I've even seen one.

we have a bidet, actually 3, but we do live on the mainland, never used it myself (wouldnt actually know how to)

We also use a mink instead of loo roll...... well because we can

We also use a mink instead of loo roll...... well because we can

Swan's necks too cheap then? (I wonder if that is why the Queen owns them all)

Used to see bidets in hotels a lot, not these days though. Never used one.

Was it the frenchies who brought that thing out?

Nicky, available at Home Bargains, Farm Foods and a lot of markets

They are usually around £2 for 9 rolls. Quality is excellent for the price.

I found this thread on MSE raving about them.

I've not found a cheapo I'm happy with so buy the posher stuff in big bags when it's on offer.

At college we had shiny on one side hard bog paper which I thought had gone out in the 1950s. You can still buy it but not at the main supermarkets any more it seems:

000070.jpg

http://www.mysuperma...let_tissue.html

Doesn't so much wipe as spread.

Nicky, available at Home Bargains, Farm Foods and a lot of markets

They are usually around £2 for 9 rolls. Quality is excellent for the price.

I found this thread on MSE raving about them.

It was on Superscrimpers last night, they said Waitrose stock it.

My missus discovered it a few weeks ago in Home Bargains, honest.

I know it's a crap thread but over £200+ goes down the toilet (puns intended!) each year on this stuff.

I think they said they market was worth £1.1bn a year. Not to be sniffed at.

I only buy toilet paper and kitchen towels made out of recycled paper, I thinks it's a shame to cut down trees for something like toilet paper (no, I'm not a tree hugger in general, but I don't like wasting resources when there is no need to do so).

I buy the Aloe Vera or Quilted ones from Aldi as I'll only wipe my Harris on 3ply. The Nicky ones, somebody mentioned, are also very good. I used to always get those when we lived near a Farmfoods.

I think it was someone on here who said 3 sheets, one up, one down, and one to polish.

The Mrs. gets big packs from Superdrug.

Isn't there an international cultural thing with wipers being horrified at washers, and washers being disgusted by wipers?

I think it was someone on here who said 3 sheets, one up, one down, and one to polish.

The Mrs. gets big packs from Superdrug.

Isn't there an international cultural thing with wipers being horrified at washers, and washers being disgusted by wipers?

Probably me as that's one of my dad's quotes from his national service days!

There was an advertising campaign recently about folders and scrunchers.

Bog roll should be sold per kg since a 'sheet' can be virtually any surface area or thickness.

000070.jpg

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/sainsburys-price-comparison/tissues_and_toilet_rolls/izal_medicated_strong_toilet_tissue.html

Compared with the super hard bog paper in use in the Civil Service back in 1980 Izal is triple quilted and as soft as silk.

That HMG toilet paper was like emery paper.

In my Inland Revenue tax office only the blokes would use it.

All the girls carried their own personal supply of soft paper in their hand bags to wipe their delicate bottoms..

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/civil-servants-17year-wait-for-loo-roll-7081187.html

Compared with the super hard bog paper in use in the Civil Service back in 1980 Izal is triple quilted and as soft as silk.

That HMG toilet paper was like emery paper.

In my tax office only the blokes would use it.

All the girls carried their own personal supply of soft paper in their hand bags to wipe their delicate bottoms..

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/civil-servants-17year-wait-for-loo-roll-7081187.html

You at least had the soft stuff in 1981. I was still suffering it many years later.

Is it still out there anywhere?

The bidet isn't supposed to replace wiping, it's supposed to be used after you have wiped your ass. B)

Cushelle - it is pricey but I only buy it when on special offer and then can be incredibly cheap. Lidl and the Co-Op do amazing deals on it from time to time, as does Tesco occasionally.