House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Explosion At Boston Marathon

Lots of people injured apparently - just breaking news.

Edit:

Judging by the pictures on the DM website I fear that some people have lost their lives, others with serious injuries.

People dead or dying. People with lost limbs/life-changing injuries.

Terribly. Truly terrible.

Let's all be careful in our daily goings on people. Who knows who is responsible for this - it could be some domestic US terrorists or it could be anyone from a long list of anti-US/anti-Western terrorists.

No idea yet. Doubt they will have any idea for some time unless someone claims it and, no doubt, lots of nutjob groups will claim it.

Just seen the live explosions on the BBC, horrific.

No idea yet. Doubt they will have any idea for some time unless someone claims it and, no doubt, lots of nutjob groups will claim it.

Geez terrible. :(

Today was Patriots Day in Boston so a big celebration. My fear would be now about other US cities.

I haven't been to Boston in years but the last time I was there I recall having a conversation about how the liberal population of Boston had protested against, and won, the introduction of mass surveillance cameras as they felt it violated civil liberties.

I recall numerous people telling me that the toll bridges would take photos of people who did not pay the tolls... but under Boston law you could not be prosecuted via camera evidence.

If the don't have the kinds of surveillance cameras that the UK has then placing bombs in trash cans would be much easier than it would in many UK cities.

Terrible.

More unexploded devices already found. Thankfully.

An infowars link comment indicated they would be exploded. Why not disarmed and forensically examined?

Have they blamed

Saddam Hussein

Bashir Assad

Kim Jong Un

Yet?

I imagine they are all on the list... along with potential domestic terrorists... and Al Qaeda or whatever fundamentalist Muslim terrorism calls itself these days.

If the don't have the kinds of surveillance cameras that the UK has then placing bombs in trash cans would be much easier than it would in many UK cities.

they should put them in homes too, it would be easier to see whos making them

Short of any other evidence, it seems strange to destroy what you have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomb_disposal#Techniques

Bombs have already gone off. They have no idea when the other bombs are timed to go off. They could be on a timing sequence so one goes off every 30 minutes... or every hour... or randomly...

Do you want to be the boy or girl walking towards a bomb in a trash can knowing that?

There is, apart from not wanting to lose any more lives, the other logistical issue of probably not having enough bomb disposal expertise and not wanting to lose that expertise. They also do not know what the bombs are like in terms of construction so this is not a good time to be trying to figure that out.

I imagine they will send in a robot, video as much as they can of each bomb they find and then blow them up.